NIUSOCR5

Kodicom distributors

Why don't companies use the Kodicom name, it always seems to be another name. Makes me wonder if companies are authorized or not.

I'll be 100% honest with you. It's a business decision. We sell other DVRs under the Digital Video Witness name that aren't Kodicom. We like most of the DVR's that Kodicom puts out, but if they put out a bad one, we can pick up another manufactures product and still sell it as a Digital Video Witness. Gives us flexibility! See how many others are that honest with you.

Lets look at some big "manufactures"

Ademco

Samsung

Toshiba

They all sell the same DVR. Why don't they all call is what it is? They have a brand name and they want to push their name. They want you to remember them.

anyway, to get back to my initial question. How many authorized Kodicom distributors are there in North America?

Only Kodicom knows. I know that there are at the least 5. Maybe 4 after ISC West.

I am looking for direct from the manufacturer. I understand that concept. I want to go through a company that is authorized to use the name and directly purchases through Kodicom, and currently I only know of one with these rights. I am just trying to decifer them from all the other companies claiming they have the products and have the Kodicom or the Diginet name plastered all over their websites

In most cases regarding Korean DVR cards they are supplied as OEM cards to various companies that build their own DVR and then give it a unique name. So you can find several companies that use Kodicom capture boards that are being sold under many different names but all using the same core product. This isn't unusual in our industry. You might check out this site since they do list the Kodicom brand name on their DVRs and I'm sure there are a few others out there.

http://www.surveillancetechnologies.com/

I contacted Kodicom directly (that was a fun phone call) they indicated that there is/was (at that time, about 4 months ago) only 1 authorized Kodicom dealer in the US, That dealer was listed as GNS.

You had better contact Kodicom again and ask about everyone else in the USA. The person you spoke to is no longer at Kodicom, or won't be there much longer.