sprayinnx

Are the Nuvico Products good?

Nuvico isn't bad. The 516 will beat the Nuvico XG series in price and user friendliness. However, the Nuvico DV is a good balance of features and price in the 4 and 8 channel models.

l am using the 16 ch xg new model by nuvico it is very good except that it does not support dynamic ip,as per specs, like the older model,customer support is not very good at all(always in meetings).Also tec support told me to set up a dns for mapping if l wanted to see over the internet without checking for the changed ip adress.

anybody with instructions to do this would be appreciated.Basically l need to check in and see from a remote location (my pc) to the site (dvr with dynamic ip -cable modem)

I'm pretty sure that the unit that you have does support dns, but in order to do so you'll need to register and link your dns to a dynamic ip by using one of the free sites such as www.dyndns.org. This should've been explained on your product manual. If it's not, then you should definitely complain to the manufacturer...

definately does not tell you that in the manual.thanks for the info.How exactly do you do this? l have a cable modem from cablevision hooked directly into the dvr (no router).l have seen on this forum that l would or could use a linksys wireless-gvpn broadband router with this dyndvs.org ,but l have no idea how to set it up,if you have experience or know how l would be grateful.

You can use any router you want, or not use it at all - it doesn't matter. It will save you some time and effort though. When you hook up your router just go into its config and set up a Virtual Server. This will expose some port (whichever you select) of your local machine to the outside world.

And then you can go ahead and assign your name to IP with DNS server.