100116_1.jpg

how do i re-terminate this?

this is from a cut camera, and the part that separates the video and power was cut.

i would have thought the yellow wire would have a solid copper core, but it doesnt?

I'm guessing this is some sort of cheap board or dome camera?

It's near impossible for anyone to say for certain from the limited info you give (ie. the photo) but I'd say 95% chances are, the yellow is video, red is +12VDC, and the bare wire (spiral-wrapped shield around both?) is a common ground.

It MIGHT help to know the make and model of the camera... would likely help even more to know what it's supposed to terminate to (one RCA, one barrel connector?), or to have a picture of where the wire connects to the camera board...

hard to get the detailed pic of the wire and everything else into the same shot

its an older extreme wz-14 bullet camera

this wire is the part between the camera and that splitter thingy that you find on most all camera wires. however, that splitter thingy part is no longer available.

this wire is not like you would find after the splitter thingy, as that has a solid core yellow for bnc termination. this wire, does not have a solid core that i can find.

any help? im sure i can terminate this somehow and not just junk the camera

Yeah, Google found the camera right away, on the manufacturer's website: http://www.extremecctv.com/product_detail.php?product_id=204

From the picture on the installation diagram, looks pretty standard... I'd say my answer above is correct: "It's near impossible for anyone to say for certain from the limited info you give (ie. the photo) but I'd say 95% chances are, the yellow is video, red is +12VDC, and the bare wire (spiral-wrapped shield around both?) is a common ground."

"It's near impossible for anyone to say for certain from the limited info you give (ie. the photo) but I'd say 95% chances are, the yellow is video, red is +12VDC, and the bare wire (spiral-wrapped shield around both?) is a common ground."

I would say you are 100% accurate.

Well, you could find another BNC end with a tail on it, and just splice it in... or just make one - short bit of RG59 with a BNC on it, and splice it in.

Buy a BNC jumper cord, and cut off one end and solder the two wires together, or use screw molex connectors.

The power you can just use butt connectors.