halfbaked

best DVR on the market

Hey folks, I stumbled on to this place recently, and have since appreciated many of your posts. I am looking at installing a new surveillance system in my building, and I am would like to know what the best DVR to get is.

Who makes the best DVRs?

I am particularly interested in one with good searching features.

Cheers.

That's like saying who makes the best beer? We can all argue the point all day long.....

Bottom line is 'what is your budget?"

Tough question since it depends a lot on what your application is. DM is good and they are made in England presuming that isn't a political problem for you. Maybe you can be more specific in your requirements.

like the others said, but good search can be found in almost every DVR, in the mid to high end range at the least.. after all it is very simple parameters they are searching with, motion, alarm, etc ...

some nice things to look for are thumbnails in the results, and ability to save the selected result directly to a back up device.

There are RTOS Standalones, PC OS Standalones, and PC Cards ... decide if you need more features, more stability, more security, fastest recording speed, highest quality, etc ... you wont find any DVR with ALL of that yet, but there isa product out there that will match most of your needs.

The best DVR is one that is properly installed and works for you. You need to have a knowledgable "installer" provide you a quote based on your requirements. If you have the funding you can buy the best of the best. Vegas specs, Government Security specs, or better. If you are planning on installing it....read, read, read. Then buy.

Like the others replied, it depends on the application & budget, get all the help you can before you decide.

What type of event do you need to search for?

Hey folks, I stumbled on to this place recently, and have since appreciated many of your posts. I am looking at installing a new surveillance system in my building, and I am would like to know what the best DVR to get is.

Who makes the best DVRs?

I am particularly interested in one with good searching features.

Cheers.

A GOOD PC BASED DVR IS WebView DVR-P16T

We recommend a MPEG4 realtime DVR with audio and POS capability.

Search is unbelivablt simple. By time and date, grafical calander and clickable timebar. Click on date, a time bar tells you when motion detection recording is made. Just click the line!

Search by POS transactions, by nota number, item, time etc.

SmartSearch. Choose a part of the picture with the mouse, select start and end time, click search. Yoy get a list of movements within the slected frame and can play back the video.

Click for printing, saving single shot or video sequence (AVI)