tom66

Swann maxi day/night cameras

I'm using the DVR4-Pro-Netâ„¢ Maxi Pro Kit - Maxi Day/Night Cams & 8" LCD Monitor system. It's has been close to two year and everything was working fine. However now 2 of the Maxi day/night cameras seem to having problem with the IR. at night the images is total black I'm unable to see out of it (the other 2 is working fine with b/w image). In the morning the 2 problem cameras seem to have real reddish or white image like it washed out. That continue to occur to about 10:30am (central time zone)and around 11am the 2 camera is able to see image clear and normal. Does anyone have this problem? What could happen to the cameras?

Sounds like an Iris problem. You will have to replace the camera.

Edited by Guest

Test the cameras with freeze spray, and a hot air dryer to see if it may be temperature related as it warms up during the morning.

However now 2 of the Maxi day/night cameras seem to having problem with the IR. at night the images is total black I'm unable to see out of it (the other 2 is working fine with b/w image).

Your IR's on those two cameras are out. Look at night time to see if the reddish glow from the IR LED's are still working.

2 problem cameras seem to have real reddish or white image like it washed out.

You probably have CCD sun damage. If your camera is facing the sun at all or sees sun reflection during the day caused by reflections off glass. Over time you will have a pinkish/reddish tint.

The CCD sun damage is common among cameras that don't have auto iris lens. Since cameras without it cannot compensate for the brightness from the sun over a long period of time.

That the reason I stick to $100-$200 for my outdoor residential applicaitons. If they get vandalized or burned, it's not a big expense to re-deploy. My residential outdoor cameras are 3 year old $100 IP55 rated cameras and they have been out there in -35c cold - never had one of the four breakdown yet. But like you, I once burned out a sensor because of the sun.

Andy