tangoone1

Ip cam Stream via internet using Mobile phone or computer

Dear all reader,

good day to you all

currently i was working on a project which require us to install multiple IP cam around our country and our client would like to log in via IE or Firefox if he is using pc or via his mobile.

Question here is he would have at least 50 public user or above to log into the same IP Cam and the requirement is to setup a cut off time at 60 sec per user

can someone suggest me a server which i can stream all these ip cam together or anything that will make this solution come true ..

your sincerely

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

It would be best to have each camera store footage on a centralized web server and have your users access the web server. With a little bit of web development, you can control access to the footage to suit your needs and have a single URL to access multiple cameras.

Do you users need to view video or would frequent (every second, for example) JPG images suffice? Is audio required? How much bandwidth will be available per camera?

you have two option:

1:you need a Streaming Media Server,every ip camera link this server,the viewer view the camera from this server,so server need enough bandwidth.like 10M fiber.

2:some kind ip camera allow 1000 people evne more people view this ip camera and the most import thig is ,it is not increased bandwidth.how can their do this?if you familiar P2P technology then you will know how can their do this.

hi long520,

increasing the bandwidth is not an issue on my side, someone told me about the streaming media server like what u have said ..

do you happen to know any that is working

Thanks

you have two option:

1:you need a Streaming Media Server,every ip camera link this server,the viewer view the camera from this server,so server need enough bandwidth.like 10M fiber.

2:some kind ip camera allow 1000 people evne more people view this ip camera and the most import thig is ,it is not increased bandwidth.how can their do this?if you familiar P2P technology then you will know how can their do this.

There is a growing number of media streaming service providers offering IP camera relay services. you can easily find a few by searching for "ip camera streaming". If you want to have your own hosted server that will act as a video relay server between the ip camera and the monitoring clients, you can try Unreal Media Server (not sure about the 60sec cut-off though):

http://www.umediaserver.net/umediaserver/index.html

There is a growing number of media streaming service providers offering IP camera relay services. you can easily find a few by searching for "ip camera streaming". If you want to have your own hosted server that will act as a video relay server between the ip camera and the monitoring clients, you can try Unreal Media Server (not sure about the 60sec cut-off though):

http://www.umediaserver.net/umediaserver/index.html

Thx u very much for link

Excellent info

you need install the server software in the stream server(i think this soft offer by the ip camera factory),then,every one can view the camera from the media server.IE or client sofrware.

Edited by Guest