BiGKaT

Help needed to choose a sub 400 dollar dvr with internet

Looking at the 300 dollar range - can be more or less.

I figure I will have less than 4 cameras, a 560 line one is on the way with a variable focus 3-9mm sony had lens.

I figure 3 cameras total maybe four in the future, but at least two of them soon.

Edited by Guest

AVtech 792 any good for what I want and if so , where is the best place to buy in the US?

Edited by Guest

That h.264 compression seems to be the way to go.

Is there a us dealer that sells avtech?

AVC 792 / CPD 541DV

This 4 CH DVR H.264, 120FPS Real time Multiplex Network DVR series combines Remote Surveillance, Burglar Prevention, and Evidentiary Recording features. It is designed to become a simple DVR system with all necessary functions such as network ready for remote viewing and back up, built in H.264 web server for real time remote monitoring with out the lag and the delay of JPEG video server. Also, it will allow you to view your DVR using any Web Browser.

It supports QuickTime for Mac or Active-X for PC or with provided advance remote monitoring software C.M.S. that enable you to watch and control multiple units (up to 16 all at the same time).

This DVR is SATA Hard Drive ready; no need to format or load any special software plug and play any SATA Hard Drive up to 1.5TB.

For easy operation, VGA output, a Remote control is included. Back up options available through a USB Port or a built-in DVD-R.

With the above options, and a 500GB hard drive PM me, and I will give you the price.

http://www.cpcamcctv.com/En/Prod_Overview.aspx?prod_id=P090116020

AVC 792 / CPD 541DV

This 4 CH DVR H.264, 120FPS Real time Multiplex Network DVR series combines Remote Surveillance, Burglar Prevention, and Evidentiary Recording features. It is designed to become a simple DVR system with all necessary functions such as network ready for remote viewing and back up, built in H.264 web server for real time remote monitoring with out the lag and the delay of JPEG video server. Also, it will allow you to view your DVR using any Web Browser.

It supports QuickTime for Mac or Active-X for PC or with provided advance remote monitoring software C.M.S. that enable you to watch and control multiple units (up to 16 all at the same time).

This DVR is SATA Hard Drive ready; no need to format or load any special software plug and play any SATA Hard Drive up to 1.5TB.

For easy operation, VGA output, a Remote control is included. Back up options available through a USB Port or a built-in DVD-R.

With the above options, and a 500GB hard drive PM me, and I will give you the price.

http://www.cpcamcctv.com/En/Prod_Overview.aspx?prod_id=P090116020

That looks like a good deal DVR but what do you know about the differences of hardware H.264 and software H.264. For a small 4 channel residential is hardware H.264 really needed? I was told by another vendor that hardware H.264 is really only way to go that the software ones will reboot and not be reliable.

I'm sure that is true to some point but just wondering if the extra $1,000 is worth it in a residential install. Do these AVTECHs h.264 hold up reliability wise in residential environment.

I'm thinking about getting one of these for a client and for my home as well for a demo system I'm putting together.

For under $400, get an Avermedia 1304 NetSataPlus. I keep one "burning in" in my home office all the time. With a 500G Sata HD, will do 4 cameras, CIF, 24/7, well over 10 days. Very small DVR. Am installing one this week in a local car wash, and I can keep it, along with an additional cooling fan, inside a 12 X 8 X 4 Hoffman enclosure. Not too many DVR's would fit in this enclosure. This is just my personal opinion, so if you don't like the Avermedia line .....oh well.