scorpion

Any one use the midnight cameras? AVC 316

Has anyone used the midnight cameras? I hear these do not suffer from the motion blur that other low lux cameras suffer from because of the open iris which creates motion blur, but it gives you good night time view.

I am looking at the AVC 316 from USAG.

http://usaginc.com/viewspec.php?sku=US-AVC-316

http://www.usaginc.com/demo/round1.html

http://www.usaginc.com/demo/lowlight.html

The price is right, but before I order a demo I wanted some feed back on them.

Thanks!

Edited by Guest

Has anyone used the midnight cameras? I hear these do not suffer from the motion blur that other low lux cameras suffer from because of the open iris which creates motion blur, but it gives you good night time view.

Thanks!

do u mean slow shutter speed ?

Just out of curiosity what does this camera do in complete darkout, such as in a room where the lights get turned off.

I am not expecting miracles. I am just curious.

Can the camera be top mounted or ceiling mounted? In other words there are some ceiling mount cameras that give a side ways picture when wall mounted because they do not have a gimble.

Thanks

Edited by Guest

Hi Scorpion,

The AVC-316 is true 3-Axis so it can be mounted on ceilings and walls. We recommend our wall mount bracket for outdoor applications.

The Midnight is a low light camera and can show color video, without slow shutter, in lower light than any product we have tried against it. In pitch black, the Midnight will not perform, but you will be surprised how little light you need to get good color performance.

We will be coming out with other models of the Midnight soon, including bullets, indoor domes and professional cameras. Stay tuned.

Hi Scorpion,

The AVC-316 is true 3-Axis so it can be mounted on ceilings and walls. We recommend our wall mount bracket for outdoor applications.

The Midnight is a low light camera and can show color video, without slow shutter, in lower light than any product we have tried against it. In pitch black, the Midnight will not perform, but you will be surprised how little light you need to get good color performance.

We will be coming out with other models of the Midnight soon, including bullets, indoor domes and professional cameras. Stay tuned.

Thanks!

I appreciate the heads up!

Also:

Has anyone else tested one?

I would appreciate any feed back!

Hi scorpion,

I am in the same boat as you. I am considering the avc-316 david at usag referred us both to, but have asked the same question you have....has anyone else used this camera other than the product dealer? Have you had any luck finding more info about it? I just tried a Nuvico CV-z10n which should have been very good, but I was VERY dissatisfied and sent it back. Have you had any other suggestions such as the AVC-316, but better? Speaking to one dealer, he tells me to go for the Panasonic cw484, but I haven't made the next purchase yet?

Thanks, good luck,

Mike

I think I need to try one of these myself. I have never got a bad camera from USAG , so I believe their sales pitch. If someone on the Forum here has one, can they upload the video to Youtube so we can all see it? If not, I will call USAG tomorrow and order one for testing, then upload the video myself. Good luck.