john_cctv

Need Reviews for Intellicam JS-16XLA

Hello,

I am new here, but I am interested in getting a 16-channel DVR. I have heard of the Intellicam JS-16XLA and it seems like what I need. The ability to record at D1, 16 channels, back-up, and such. However, before I make the purchase I would like to know if any one has bought one of these units and what there take is. Oh, by the way does anyone if this unit has watermarking for back-up and pre-alarm recording?

Thanks.

John

I have used the Intellacam JS-16RTA units in about 35 installations and have found them to be reliable. The major diference I see between the JS-16XLA is 7.5 FPS in 4CIF (D1) versis 15 FPS in 4CIF (D1) in the RTA model. I do have to admit that getting tech support by e-mail is not fast but the units I have used hold up well. I have not used any watermarks although there is a configuration for it on the advanced menu. I would also look at the ICRealtime MAX16 series I have had good luck with those units also.

Have you had an opportunity to demo a JS?? If not, you are welcome to log into our JS XLA 4 Channel unit. Please PM me for access.

It is a solid platform and I too have installed many of these with no issues to date. We have been a distributor for Intellicam for over 5 years. We know the product and provide unlimited Technical Support. We will even support the product even if you did not buy from us.

Thanks

Mike

I was told today by two sales reps who claimed Intellicam is having trouble. Not trying to spread unsubstantiated rumors so not going to say all they told me but I found the ICRealtime DVRs run basically the same software as the Intellicam. So I picked up one of the MAX to try them out.

I have the G4-8RTA-D1. I love it! I highly recommend these.

I just have one gripe, though. The client software that came with it has given me issues. The software works great and has nice features, but on my computer, about once every week or two, when i go to open the client software, it forgets all of the settings that i had configured, and acts as if i am opening it for the first time, and it asks me to set up a username, pw, and add devices, etc etc.

So, it gets frustrating constantly having to re-do all of my settings every time the database for the client software corrupts. I am a Database Administrator, so Im pretty computer savvy, but I cant figure out the problem. Mike (shoreview security) emailed me his copy of the software, and i still get the same problem.

It may just be my computer, i dont know. i have a brand new dell studio laptop, which is about 2 months old, running Windows Vista 32 bit with Service Pack 1. It has 4 gigs of ram, and whatever the fastest processor was that dell offered on their website a couple months ago for this laptop. My laptop runs everything else that i throw at it just perfectly, except for this this darn client software that crashes about every week or two.

Aside from that hiccup, the thing works perfectly for me

I have had the Intellicam JS-16XLA for several months now and love it. I am thinking of selling it though for an 8-channel because I use it at my residence and have never had more than 4 cameras. Been a month or so since you posted and dont know if you bought one or not. PM if you would want to access it.