cctvron

Access Control Forum?

Uhm, been thinking about creating a Access Control Thread

Ok people, vote till sunday to see if it'll happen or not

It's only Thursday but it looks like there would be interest in an Access Control forum. What could some of the main topics be within that forum?

I voted, too.

Restricted access would probably be a good idea.

I was also wondering if it would include locks and stuff, or would it be biometrics, proximity, and card readers, etc.?

Well no, this is primarily a informational forum. Everyone will be able to see what we post. I sure as hell want to learn Access Control.

Anythig that needs to be discissed withinn dealers, will go to the dealer section, I am leaving the voting open, but I want to see how many of you actually want this to happen.

Topics:

Smart Card Systems, Biometrics and Access Control, IP-based Systems, Iris Scan/Readers, Swipe Cards (Contactless/RF) and Contact Cards, , Access Control Software, Integrated Access Control Systems, Time and Attendence and Access Control, RFID and Access Control and on and on and on.

Oh yeah and...

...lock types, electro magnetic, push plates, proximity card readers, bar code and mag stripe readers and tons of other locking mechanisms and types....

...welcome to pandoras box! I think it is good though!

Good idea. Another general topic would be intercoms (audio and video). I have one that connects directly into my phone. Very cool.

Dont think it should have anything to do with Locks though - that is a regulated industry and kind of like plumbing is to CCTV.

originally posted by rory:-

Dont think it should have anything to do with Locks though - that is a regulated industry and kind of like plumbing is to CCTV.

Not regulated this side of the pond rory, but take your point.

Incidentally, apologies guys for my earlier posting about a restricted access forum; sometimes my slightly ironic Brit sense of humour gets the better of me

Bah, cattle prod vs access control system....cattle prod wins everytime. There now the bad guys know how to beat the system.