alpine0000

Pelco IS110 Series vs Panasonic WV-CW484

I was going to do this a few months ago, but got side-tracked with building a deck and some other home projects.

I'm looking for a handful of cameras that will be used outside of my home, and a couple inside. I was set on the Panasonic WV-CW484S domes last time I looked around, but just came across the Pelco IS111-DWV9, which looks like a strong contender for less money.

I know that the Panasonic offers image stablization and de-humidifier, both which I probably wont need, even though they are nice to have. I was researching it a bit, and I don't think that the Pelco has auto-back focus, like the Panasonic does, but couldn't verify this for sure.

What else am I overlooking here as a difference between the two? I'm trying to justify if it's worth the extra ~$150-200 per dome for the Panasonic (after I add the optional heater and clear dome to the Panasonic, both of which the Pelco comes with standard), even know I know that they are the best camera for the money.

I'm looking to buy about 4 or 5 domes, so the savings could be quite significant in the end if I end up going with the Pelco. But I also don't want to skimp if the Panasonic's offer me a lot more for my money

I like the simple asthetics of the Pelco better. And it comes with the clear dome, built in heater, and the lens has a broader varifocal range. Both have WDR.

However, I know the track-record that the Panasonic 484 domes have around here...

What would you do? Any advice, opinions, or experience would be appreciated! Please help make my decision easier

Pelco IS111-DWV9:

http://www.pelco.com/products/default.aspx?id=603

WV-CW484S

http://catalog2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ModelDetail?storeId=11201&catalogId=13051&itemId=100037&surfModel=WV-CW484S

Let me say this.... My office is less than five miles from Pelco. I use the Panasonic whenever possible.

Along with the other things people have already mentioned about the Panasonic, it has another nice feature, it is much more tolerant of installation problems. The connectors are sealed from the camera body, so if there is water intrusion, it only gets to the connector, not into the camera body, where the Pelco can be a fishbowl if installed wrong.

.....And also, it simply has a better picture, hands down.

Thank you for the reply.

Yea, I'm pretty sure I'll end up with the Panasonic 484 domes, as I've had my eye on them for months now... I just wanted some other opinions before I go and spend ~$2500 or so on some domes

I've never handled, or seen, either of the cameras in question. I only know what I've read here and on the manufacturers website.

I've not used the 484 domes, but I have used several of the CP484 "box" cams, and a number of the IS-110 domes and their predecessor, the ICS-111, and I concur, the 484 is a far better camera in itself. Besides that, I find those domes a PITA to work with. I'd take almost any other dome design over them, personally.

I've never used the 484 dome but have used the 484 box cameras and they are amazing. I am expecting the same results from the domes....

I have a few job estimates pending PO's and they have 484 domes on them.