ronhithcox

looking for installer consensus, resi installs, cheap cams

hello to all, heres my fix, I have installed many cameras in comercial/industrial settings but have only done a few resi. the manufactures of the higher end cameras I install are really not priced well for most home owners. The manufactures that I have used for resi (advertising great quality and low price are usually only correct on the low price side of the ad) ....SO.... what I am wondering, is there that magical one vender who sells cheap (homeowner affordable) cameras that do preform well, and offer good tech support if there are any issues?

the last install that I did (resi) out of 16 cameras only 7 worked properly. Vendor did admit (finally) that they had manufacturing issues and they finally replaced the cameras (nice of them but I'm out labor)

I'm just looking for a "cheap" option for my customers that preform consistantly.

I know this is broad and vague, but,

based on exp...any suggestions?

int/ext/ir/non-ip

thank you so very much for your time and opionion

ge truvision line has some good cameras for the money and nice name recognition for the client

nuvico also seems to have some well priced basic equipment for residential installs

We've been using CNB domes in a number of commercial installations, and found them of very good quality, but they're priced such that they could fit most homeowners' budgets.