qman

PICO2000

Hi guys

I found something interesting.

The infamous pico200 software, it's not chinesse, but Canadian

According the NOVEX CANADA, PICO2000 it's a beta version of their software made in 1999. The own the rights and names, but they where stupid enough to have a chinesse manufacturer make their cards.

Well, the beta software leaked out, and here we are.

No wonder they can sell the thing for a dollar.

Having read all the horror stories about pirated Pico software, I went direct to the manufacturers site and followed thier link to their authorised distributor: center-link International (I'm not sure if you are allowed URL links on this board, so I have not written it as one). You can download a 30 day trial and get the genuine upgraded Pico2000 which runs on XP. You then pay $30 if you want the code to make it fully functional.

Well, I paid my $30 and 8 days and 10 emails later they have neither sent me the code OR even answered any of my emails asking where my code is!

This is really bad considering I went out of my way to find the genuine company to ensure I bought the genuine non-pirated and updated version.

I've even contacted UCL technologies, the Canadian company who make Pico, and told them the problems I'm having with their official agent - they have not helped or even replied either!

It's no wonder folks end up using pirated stuff if you can't even get it when you pay for it! I'm $30 down and no software, and not even the decency to reply to me!

Having read all the horror stories about pirated Pico software, I went direct to the manufacturers site and followed thier link to their authorised distributor: center-link International (I'm not sure if you are allowed URL links on this board, so I have not written it as one). You can download a 30 day trial and get the genuine upgraded Pico2000 which runs on XP. You then pay $30 if you want the code to make it fully functional.

Well, I paid my $30 and 8 days and 10 emails later they have neither sent me the code OR even answered any of my emails asking where my code is!

This is really bad considering I went out of my way to find the genuine company to ensure I bought the genuine non-pirated and updated version.

I've even contacted UCL technologies, the Canadian company who make Pico, and told them the problems I'm having with their official agent - they have not helped or even replied either!

It's no wonder folks end up using pirated stuff if you can't even get it when you pay for it! I'm $30 down and no software, and not even the decency to reply to me!

That would just f#*ken piss me off. If you used a credit card, report it to your creditor that you did not get the services you paid for. They can give you proper credit.

Boy, $30 though, man i wish thats all we ever got ripped out of over the years, got $1000 in cameras from WizKid right now which we sent back as they were useless cameras, said they would need to upgrade them for another $1000 .. so right now stuck with no cameras and out of $1000 ... and gotta pay another $1000 for something we could have just bought from Ganz for $1000 ...