rfernandez_mx

Another Wave-p ETHER9808 Issue

Greetings

i have bought a ether9808 card cause i saw it fine and then i got a trouble now when i want to deploy the system on my boss office see i sent the hardware that we have and the scenarios (weird)

1.- we have a Gigabyte mother board with a dual core processor 1 gb ram 500 gb in HDD, and a PCI Express (here in mexico AGP cards are end of life) Nvidia vga card 128MB model: geforce 7100 GS

Scenarios

FIRST (in my home)

the interface works fine with h264 and mpeg codec, with a Direcdraw 3d encoding (crashes withthe other two), and we tested about 24 hours (continuously) with 2 cameras and a Monitor CRT for a resolution of 1024 X 768 pixels

the DVR worked fine and smooth

SECOND (office)

we have connected the 8 cameras, and we plugged in the monitor of the police (at 15 meters of distance of the DVR) a "Wide Screen monitor for 1440 x 900 resolution" and bingo! the DVR software crashes and i got a beep!, then i dont get panic, i downloaded the software for 1440 x 900 resolutions and bingo! DVR crash every 15 minutes, then i tryed to "rip off" the DVR i put a resolutions of 1024 x 780 in the "screen configuration" and the DVR gots "stable" today at 6 am i got a call from the office that the DVR got "freeze" and then i used my vnc viewer and i saw the crash of the DVR then i rebooted the os and i got a new crash 4 hours later

i have downloaded the most recent software of my Card (8.2.2.0) and i hope will be fine

if i change the monitor will be fine? (like scenario 1) or what will be the problem??

by the way i talked with the people of Wave-p they asked for download the most new software but i dont know if its fine or no

regards.

That wide screen software always crashed for me too. I suggest you just use the latest software. It crashes only when you are remote viewing for too long.....at least from what my customers have told me.

hello! indeed i have changed the video card for ati and still crashing, i have changed the resolution and used the last version (8.2.2) and the DVR freezes and i cannot access remotely via VNC for manual reboot, also, freeze all the pc (the pc its new and dedicated exclusivelly for the DVR)

in the page of wave p i have downloaded the 8.2.2.0 you refer of that or refer for the 8.1.0.8 beta? (i dont trust very much the beta versions )

i hope you can help me, thanks

i had an issue with it freeze for a system someone else installed that i had to fix.

Do this:

Unplug everything from the computer and just have the bare essitentials, mouse, keyboard, video card dongle, monitor cable, power cable and thats it. Unhook the sound cable. and also make sure you have the latest version installed and lets see how that goes, it worked for me.

indeed i have the next schema:

Installed the monitor

Installed the bare plug for the DVR card

power cable

I dont use keyboard or mouse cause i control the DVR via VNC viewer

indeed i have "solved" for a few time the trouble programming a reboot sequence of the progrem three times per week rebooting automatically the DVR but today i got the system freeze

weird, isnt it?

Yeah its very odd, I am almost 100% sure that its something with the drivers because I fixed another one (yeah i fixed another wavep system.....go figure, its in my destiny to fix these damn wavep stuff.. )

For that system the scenario was the guy initially had 16 cameras, later upgraded to a 24 camera system, had problems with system crashing/freezing ever since then, prob due to some driver change or something? I uninstalled the old one, deleted the files from main system 32 folder i think it was and reinstalled new one....didn't work, ended up reformatting it......and surprisingly! the xp pro that was installed was bootlegged!

So after the reformat and installation of I think at that time the 8.0 software i was good to go. only had some crashes when the guy watched it for remotely for over 20 minutes straight, but never freeze....at least to my knowledge.

allright, let me try to uninstall the software, and erase manually the drivers of system32 and reboot and reinstall the software

by the way im using direct3d cause im using pci-express video card, its fine isnt it?

allright, let me try to uninstall the software, and erase manually the drivers of system32 and reboot and reinstall the software

by the way im using direct3d cause im using pci-express video card, its fine isnt it?

yeah that should be fine.

BTW here is the exact location of where that driver file is stored:

C:\WINDOWS\inf

Just look for a file named OEMXX.inf (the XX stands for numbers. There should be multiple files. open up the file in a regular text editor like notepad and then just make sure it has that saavideo.sys written in it or wave p and i would delete that.

Also dont forget to delete that saavideo.sys file from there as well! hope it goes well. [/b]

hi man!!

ive tryed the solution of you told me but i still getting the system freezing, i am using windows xp professional sp3 (not hacked editions copy of original),

if i format the pc and i still getting the same mistake what else i can do?

regards.

Sorry for the late response, only thing i can think of if all else fails is

1. reformat to XP SP2 legit version not bootlegged.

2. Dont install the DVR cards when doing the reformat of XP.

3. Install all drivers for motherboard, video, lan, audio, chipset, and so forth.

4. make sure all drivers are installed properly.

5. install dvr card.

6. install latest dvr software.

I found 1 thing about Wave P software, the latest.. is not always the best.. try older.

alright ill change to sp2 and tryed you mean as bootlegged as the windows that have weird versions like windows ue, or windows xp colossus? cause i dont like it.

for the other post, you mean that maybe it works better with the version 7.0? instead of 8.0? ill try

yeah im using that 8.2.2.0, but in a canandian page i found the 7.0 version so i guess il try it, by the way do you recommend that dvr card for a serious production environment?

Well Geovision is always better, but for the cheep DVR cards haven't seen anything better. What exactly do you mean by "serious production environment" ?

Sorry my English is not the best

seious production environment i mean for massive saling, i dont like much geovision cause fails a lot (here in mexico geovision are considered the worst dvr cards, and also are common) the thing that liked to me for this cards is that in the same cabinet i can put 3 or more cards.

thats why i am asking if are good for a massive sale

Yeah they are alright... I guess, there is the usual bugs from time to time... And if your PC is not with Intel chipset .. you can dump it... From time to time have seen some Nvidia chipsets that work.. some VIA too.. but AMD hell no. And ofc, if your client is with XP SP2 they might have to change their Regional options in control panel to English(US) so that the software wont eat the Control buttons ( okay , cancel , apply) or the Calendar days on search.

At least this is one of the problems here in Bulgaria. If its on Vista no problems.. But on another hand, If I am going to make a system for my self.. i would take Ether without wondering, "better to have the known devil then the unknown" an old bulgarian saying.