destro_23

Anyone use the V3E POS ethernet based geovision?

Just wondering if anyone has used the ethernet based V3E POS box from geovision and how easy was it to implement?

Hi destro,

I'd recommend checking with our technician's live chat at www.usavisionsys.com (link on the left side) to see if it would be a simple integration.

Generally, as long as the text inserter works through a hyper terminal test, there should be no compatibility issues.

--

Tim Shen / Account Executive

USA Vision Systems, Inc.

I found they work really well for pos intergration when capturing rs 232 from printer output , has problems trying to capture from pole display , the only problem many pos systems do not do direct printing as item is scanned as default and normally has to be changed

I have tried unsuccessfully to get mine to work. I am using a parallel printer.

If anyone is knowledgeable on the forum, maybe they could help out.

We have a couple of dozen units installed (four per store) at various area McDonald's. The newer installs have a parallel printer configuration and we just add the V3E between the register and printer, run cat5 from the V3E to our router/switch and forward port 4000 for the V3E. After configuring the data capture boxes in the Geovision software, all transactions appear fine on the cameras. Note - I always set up each V3E with a static IP address.

The E model was definitely a step up from the older versions.

Any specific questions??? Fire away.

We have a couple of dozen units installed (four per store) at various area McDonald's. The newer installs have a parallel printer configuration and we just add the V3E between the register and printer, run cat5 from the V3E to our router/switch and forward port 4000 for the V3E. After configuring the data capture boxes in the Geovision software, all transactions appear fine on the cameras. Note - I always set up each V3E with a static IP address.

The E model was definitely a step up from the older versions.

Any specific questions??? Fire away.

OMG!!! Yesss!!! I'm installing on Verifone Ruby Gemstone systems for a half dozen gas stations using the e model, but I can't get anything to show on camera. Everythings' connected using static IP and ethernet to parallel/db25. Q: What am I missing? Thanks in advance for any tips.

Hi,

Silly question.. do I need a V3E per POS device in my store? The V3E's manual says it supports up to 16 POS devices, but doesn't the V3E need to be directly connected to each POS system?

Josh

Yes, you still need one V3E per POS station. What the manual means is that the "GV System" (DVR) can handle 16 inputs (one for each camera). Prior to the ethernet version, you were limited to the RS-232 or USB with NET Box/Card or Hub. With the new software, you should be able to accept 32.

Ah ok.. what is this talk about a "dongle" or "hub" that allows you to support more than one POS device. Is this a separate product?

The GV-Hub or Net gives four additional rs232 or rs485 ports to connect 4 POS stations using V2 or V3 Data captures to one DVR using its serial port or a USB port. RS232 is limited to about 10 meters (33ft) but running RS485 from the data capture to the Hub you can extend this to 600 meters (2000ft).

Using the V3E with a data switch, eliminates the need for the Hub/Net boxes (and saves a lot of money) if you're within 100 meters (328ft).

Haven't heard about any kind of "dongle" though.

Do I have any options for text overlay if I have a USB receipt printer?

If my receipt printer is actually USB, can I plug the V3E directly into a serial port on the POS machine without using a printer on this port at all? As long as the POS software ouputs receipt text to both the USB printer (where the actual receipt will be printed) and the serial port (connected to the V3E), I should be good to go, right?

If my receipt printer is actually USB, can I plug the V3E directly into a serial port on the POS machine without using a printer on this port at all? As long as the POS software ouputs receipt text to both the USB printer (where the actual receipt will be printed) and the serial port (connected to the V3E), I should be good to go, right?

You may have to have the POS manufacturer set the printer output to go to the serial port also in their software. Have the customer call if they start talking to you about setup fees.

You may have to have the POS manufacturer set the printer output to go to the serial port also in their software. Have the customer call if they start talking to you about setup fees.

Yeah, as long as the POS software outputs to both the real USB receipt printer AND to the serial port (which is attached to the V3E), I think we should be good.

I found they work really well for pos intergration when capturing rs 232 from printer output , has problems trying to capture from pole display , the only problem many pos systems do not do direct printing as item is scanned as default and normally has to be changed

Hi Fred,

Did you ever find a solution ? Im stuck as well trying to capture from Pole display, any help