How2SellCCTV

Who offers the best pure Sales Training for CCTV

Any one have any ideas on how/where to get the best sales training that teaches how to sell and/or market CCTV products to small and medium size businesses and at the highest price points (margin) possible? I Googled: "cctv sales training" and there was one company that seemed to be all over page one of Google. No one else seems to offer anything worth a darn...

Check with any local CCTV suppliers (particularly wholesalers)... manufacturers often put on seminars. I know our local ADI/Burtek warehouse has manufacturer training sessions almost on a monthly basis - Pelco one month, National the next, etc.

You could also check with some of the manufacturers and see if/when they have any sessions coming up in your area.

Thanks Soundy...

I've spent the last 5 years developing sales training and lead generation curriculum and am looking for aggressive/progressive manufactures and/or distributors to partner with and offer these programs to their dealers....

Most of the manufacturing training I have seen (been through) is primarily "product centric" - meaning, it is more technical sales training and revolves around product features/capabilities, etc.

That's all essential for sure, but it doesn't help a guy figure out how to get in front of qualified buyers and close a sale!

So... if you know of progressive manufactures or distributors who you think would value offering that type of training along with their technical training, and have any contacts within those organizations - I'd love to talk with them!

Hey Wire Guys... No problem! Actually he generated over $250K in sales... and, it took him 90 days.... Still not bad though. Especially when you consider the fact that his company was new and he had never sold CCTV before in his life!! People love our product - especially when its sold right and fully leveraged for the end user! Isn't it great to be involved with a true win/win product!

Perhaps you should come up with a franchise name, and take 5% of sales as advertising, and 3% for overhead.

Those companies that wish to grow bigger can "sign up". They change their signage, and participate in regional ad campaigns.

You can create ad campaigns based on regional needs, and seasonal sales.

You could also create your own distribution channel. It would actually be cheaper for the dealer to buy through you. If they fail to pay their franchise fees then they lose the purchasing power.

You can create window clings for large windows, and clings for the entry door. You can print posters, and ceiling danglers, and small signage that goes next to the product aka like you see in a deli/meat market.

You could create commercials for TV, and radio. You would leave blank spots so the individual dealer puts in their store address, and telephone number.

The advertising could leave out the pricing, and allow the dealer to put in their own price (excluding large campaign that are prepriced).

Think of yourself as the fast food franchise where you create the ad campaign, and the dealers look the same, act the same, and have the same products except for regional differences.

Instead of Hamburger U the managers attend CCTV U!

Scorpion... Wow! That's a heck of an "out of the box" idea. Sounds like you thought that one through, or, at least may have been involved in Franchising before?? I'd love to be a part of helping someone like that but I'm not sure I want to tie myself down to a single product line, or manufacturer. This stuff changes so quickly, what's cool today is tomorrow's junk.

However, I like your marketing ideas. I'm going to think through how perhaps I could provide privately branded training for the manufacture/distributor - Maybe even hire manufacture reps to offer the training programs to their dealer clients?? Great stuff man! Thanks!

If I can find someone to lend me the money, then I would do it!

I would pay back double for what they provide to make it happen.

You do not have to be tied to one wholesaler. The franchises would be tied to you, and you would have to get written agreements that they do not purchase from unapproved sources without Franchisor approval.

I would be interested in buying any Mom n Pop CCTV businesses, and storefronts, or Spy Shops.

Anyone have a business for sale?

Scorpion... I like the way you think! We should reach out to one another and have a private conversation about life's opportunities. There are two kinds of people in this world - eaters and poopers, and doers. I love networking with doers. I'm new to this forum. How do we connect?

That is what you think! I was not giving you the "atta boy" pat on the back.

Did you notice your wallet is missing in the back pocket?

P.S. Does your wife know that you keep pictures of attractive ladies in your wallet.

(based on their looks you must be spending an obcene amount) Tsk! Tsk!

[moderator edit]

Yet another spam post removed.

Please read the rules, no advertising, no spamming....

[/moderator edit]