G22

Panasonic WV-CP484 vs WV-CL924A

Anyone use these two cams?

Just wondering how much better the CL924A is.

Tx

You are referring to Panasonic CL924A what they call it "Starlight" series of cameras... Installed quite of few... the functionality is actually tremendously better than their 484 series and of course for a price...

Unless you need viewing with extremely low light and have true B&W camera, CL924A is extremely expensive. However, if your application does call for it, then cost is well justified... Just make sure to use 1/2" day/night and IR corrected lens with it or one that they recommend (which is a Panasonic lens)... I used Pentax high end lenses with this camera and the picture quality was and still is second to none.

Thanks. I already have one CL924A... just need to get a lens for it. My home system is still not up yet though. I also have a few 484's, but was curious how much better the 924A was. the lighting is very low around here at present.

Even the lenses for the CL924A are expensive. I am looking for a WV-LZ80/2, but they seem more expensive than a CP484 cam.

EDIT: I meant I have the WV-CL934 already... not the older WV-CL924A. I mixed them up.