bryan1656

So how about a rundown for us newbies?

Okay.. so it seems that my learning basic html for websites may have a use in programming access control systems?? I could enjoy that!

For us access control total-newbies, would anyone who has experience with access control mind giving us a run down on some of the different systems out there, their pros and cons/strengths and weaknesses in your opinion?

I'm really interested in this area, but I'm still a little overwhelmed at where to start.

Bryan,

I want you to contact a Rep I know that handles mississippi. His name is Michael Stewart. Go to www.4ademo.com click on find your rep. From here you can find him and all his contact info. He would gladly tell you about pro's and con's and what is out there. He is the Manufacturers Rep for many products some of which are access control systems. He will gladly schedule you in for a demo. Just give him a call.

anyone reps deal with the bahamas ... ?

Id like to learn more but no cash to spend on experimenting/learning access right now, its all out to CCTV right now .. though If we know what product, and used it, then we can find the money to invest ..

thanks

Rory

Herm,

Contact Keyscan at 1888keyscan. They will hook you up with the rep in your territory.

Rory,

Contact the rep I told you about in South Florida. I believe he may be able to cover you if your buying from Distribution in South Florida. I will call him on monday. If you want pm me your contact info and I can have him contact you.

I will be at ISC West We will be demoing Keyscan as well as a list of other products. Everything I rep is at www.4ademo.com

basically im looking for Distributor in south florida, who sells, GE kalatel, Provideo, Extreme CCTV, NVT, Louroe, Altronix, Video Comm, and EMI.

Current and past distributors in miami and ft. lauderdale seems like email is a once a month trip.. I need someone that uses Email, and has up to date dealer price sheets that i can obtain via email.

any ideas..?

thanks.

Rory.

Rory,

Same guy I've been telling you about is the Rep for Altronix and EMI. John Caglionone. www.4ademo.com to find his contact info. He can help you out on where to find them.

Mace Security Products is in Fort Lauderdale...

Call them up to find a Local dealer for you! 1-877-585-6223

I saw a company called RF Technologies at the show who integrates the DVR with access control (not that this is new), but has anyone dealt with them? How was your experience?

Thanks,

Ryan

There is so much about all the systems to choose from. I have been able to keep up with the new stuff by reading trade magazines and the web. There is a wealth of info out here, some of it wrong but at least you can get the basic idea. When you hear a buzzword, Google it and study up. Just keep in mind that some of what you are reading is written by the people trying to sell it to you.