cray54

Integrate Security System and Keypad?

Do either Geovision or AverMedia cards and software allow for a fully integrated security system with their I/O capabilities? Specifically including things like door sensors, glass break sensors and keypads?

Thanks,

Chris

Depends what sort of "integration" you're looking for, I suppose... I can't speak for those two systems specifically, but in general, you'd most often looking at the ability either for alarm sensors to trigger a different set of record options on the DVR (eg. kick a channel or channels to higher quality when an alarm occurs), or for certain actions caught on the DVR (like movement in a particular area) to trigger an output to the alarm system. I would expect these two systems to handle both those instances; most of the PC-based systems I've seen do.

I supposed I did not explain myself well. I'd like to do a DIY "camera" system and a DIY "security" system. I was hoping that I could connect the cameras and sensors all to one machine running one piece of software.

Ideally, an arm / disarm keypad would be usable as well.

Is this possible using just the Geovision or AverMedia software and standard security components?

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris,

The GeoVision card line allows for a connection of I/O devices through the I/O terminal block at the back of the cards. The system can provide up to 12V of power so if you have a 3rd party device that requires more than that for use, it simply needs to have its own power supply attached.

However, I think you're looking to add some more complicated devices because the I/O block is used to simply turn something on or off. GeoVision has their own access control line, so while our access control is compatible with 3rd party readers (connect through wiegand 26-40 bit), you would need to work with GeoVision's access control in order to integrate it with the DVR.

Please feel free to contact me directly either via voice or email if you would like more information - thanks Chris!