i have been using mobotix cameras for over a year and still haven't scratched the surface on everything the camera is possible of doing...and just like going to hd on your tv, you won't want to go back to analog 480rez after you have messed around with megapixel

Are you using the Mobotix software or 3rd party.

If your looking for a megapixel camera for difficult lighting conditions I would take a look at the M12. You can setup multiple custom exposure windows for both lens and for each of the 8 zoom levels for both lens. Also the camera can tell you the lux value for each lens.

If your looking for a megapixel camera for difficult lighting conditions I would take a look at the M12. You can setup multiple custom exposure windows for both lens and for each of the 8 zoom levels for both lens. Also the camera can tell you the lux value for each lens.

That's really advanced. Never knew that existed before. Sounds like a great camera with exceptional features and a large learning curve. I'm paying attention to this one....

That's really advanced. Never knew that existed before. Sounds like a great camera with exceptional features and a large learning curve. I'm paying attention to this one....

I am having a hard time rapping my head around everything this camera can do.

Also your min and max exposure settings are 1 sec to 1/8000 sec. Mobotix recommends a max exposure setting for moving objects to 1/60.

So here are my thoughts on the Mobotix product after 5 days. Mobotix is the most powerful and customizable security system I have ever seen. I have been in the business for more then 10 years and I haven't used anything more feature rich. So if you want a top of the line anything you can think of system this is it. Only problem is you have to read the manual. The feature set on the Mobotix camera makes Axis look like a baby toy.

Anybody useing the VOIP features of the Mobotix cameras? I would like to test it out but I don't know what SIP provider to use or which softphone to try.

For those of you that don't know Mobotix cameras are also phones. You can add them as an extension to your VOIP phone system or sign up for a SIP provider and have the camera call your cell phone so you have 2-way communication with the cameras mic and speaker and control the automation functions.

Yes, it's damn impressive and opens up a whole world of possibilities.

If you have a PC lying around that you can repurpose, I recommend you try "Switchvox Free" which will give you a private PBX for you to test with - no SIP trunks required, though you could add some if you want.

One Mobotix trick I like to implement is to play a sound when the video motion zones are triggered - it makes people look in the direction of the camera resulting in "the money shot"!

Hey TWG,

Would it be possible to get some color night shots from her? Say in 30 or 60 shutter?

Thanks!

Yes, it's damn impressive and opens up a whole world of possibilities.

If you have a PC lying around that you can repurpose, I recommend you try "Switchvox Free" which will give you a private PBX for you to test with - no SIP trunks required, though you could add some if you want.

One Mobotix trick I like to implement is to play a sound when the video motion zones are triggered - it makes people look in the direction of the camera resulting in "the money shot"!

From what I have read you don't need a PBX. It says in the manual you only need a SIP account if you want to make phone calls to land lines and cell phones. I would like to see how to setup the camera to call my cell phone or be able to call the camera. I was able to setup a direct connection using a free softphone I came across.

Hey TWG,

Would it be possible to get some color night shots from her? Say in 30 or 60 shutter?

Thanks!

I can do that what lux level would you like

Edited by Guest

Hey TWG,

Thanks!

That'd be real helpful. Can you get it around .5 lux? See I kinda want to get away with the day/day model if possible. Might not work out too well, and at 1100 a pop it sure would be an expensive anchor for the canoe.

And I'm assuming that by lux level you are speaking of enviromental measured and not one of the many internal controls of the camera?

This is great...thanks man!

Hey TWG,

Thanks!

That'd be real helpful. Can you get it around .5 lux? See I kinda want to get away with the day/day model if possible. Might not work out too well, and at 1100 a pop it sure would be an expensive anchor for the canoe.

And I'm assuming that by lux level you are speaking of enviromental measured and not one of the many internal controls of the camera?

This is great...thanks man!

I was going to use the built-in lux meter. At some point I will get a LUX meter to compare it to. Just so you know the camera by default switches to B/W mode at 10 lux.

Does it in fact provide a way to force color mode at any lux? I know I'm asking for something that is kind of odd but the VCC HD4000 does just as well in color mode in low lux as b/w (minus the IR ability). It's the only upper end camera I have real experience with...

BTW built-in meter sounds handy. What is the resolution of it?

TA

Does it in fact provide a way to force color mode at any lux? I know I'm asking for something that is kind of odd but the VCC HD4000 does just as well in color mode in low lux as b/w (minus the IR ability). It's the only upper end camera I have real experience with...

BTW built-in meter sounds handy. What is the resolution of it?

TA

You can set it up to switch at any lux you want. You can display both images if you want. You can order the M12 with two 3 mega sensors with different lens one wide and one tel. The lux resolution is .0

This camera will make your head spin with all of its features.

i have personally tested about 70 or so Mobotix cams for our mobile phone apps and have only seen an issue with one of them so far. for our app they are in the top 3 for picture quality.

they gave us a Q22 hemispheric and we have not had any issues whatsoever with it but maybe there has been a bad batch at some point.

we show some online demos on our website if you want to compare sometime. go to the Public Camera subsection under Contact Us to find them.

Sooo... allow me to ask our august assembly a question:

If you had to choose between a dual-night Mobotix (3MP day and 1MP night) and an Arecont H.264 AV3155, which would you choose?

Note: Residential application, for day/night purposes. Replacing the camera providing this view:

105720_1.jpg

You're about 18 yards from that street, and covering about 75 feet of frontage.

I have not seen night images from the newer Arecont cameras, so I don't know how to judge their effectiveness versus the Mobotix (which are widely regarded as excellent at night).

If your using third party software I would us the AV3130 or the soon to be released AV3135.

What do we know about the AV3135?

*********** Edit ***********

That is to say, this doesn't have to be done soon... I can wait. If the AV3135 is the greatest thing since sliced bread (and I am using 3rd party software), then it might be worth waiting to see what it can do.

If your using third party software I would us the AV3130 or the soon to be released AV3135.

What do we know about the AV3135?

AV3135 is the H.264 version of the 3130 should be out with in the next 30days

so the 3135 is a dual-imager H.264 version of the 3130?

Is the performance at night of the 1MP imager of the 3130 (or the Mobotix, for that matter) good enough that it outweighs the night performance of a 3MP imager with an ICR?