DeathtoToasters1

Geovision Iphone app out....

I cannot get it to work and I am a network admin!!

Gosh I must suck!

I keep getting connection errors. The reviews on the app store are 50-50....half cannot get it to work either.

Anyone else try it?

I do have the same problem that you have in live view, I do have Admin password and in live view I can login, I receive the password or Ip error, but in Remote playback I can get in without a problem, I just think is little slow, and i'm using local network. My server version 8.20, today I'm going to upgrade to 8.30, maybe this is the problem.

I do have the same problem that you have in live view, I do have Admin password and in live view I can login, I receive the password or Ip error, but in Remote playback I can get in without a problem, I just think is little slow, and i'm using local network. My server version 8.20, today I'm going to upgrade to 8.30, maybe this is the problem.

I would love to know, I am using 8.3.

Hi,

GeoVision hasn't released any documentation on it yet, so unfortunately we're all kind of in the same boat since it started to get leaked out.

I have it working properly on my iPhone and significantly better with WiFi - is your port set to 8866 on the GV-iView?

Hi,

GeoVision hasn't released any documentation on it yet, so unfortunately we're all kind of in the same boat since it started to get leaked out.

I have it working properly on my iPhone and significantly better with WiFi - is your port set to 8866 on the GV-iView?

yes it immediately says 'connection failed'

I'd recommend to check with our tech support so they can check your address and settings. The live chat can be found at www.usavisionsys.com (link on left side).

Oh I have tried.....3 times today....nobody there seems to know any answer for me otherwise then:

"there is no docs yet"

"open ports"

"sorry"

This is what I get from the router log:

"locked incoming TCP packet from 72.14.247.100:80 to 70.104.4.10:64678 as FIN:ACK received but there is no active connection"

in live view:

80, 8866.

I have down my firewall, antivirus, etc.

If any one have luck with support of Usavision of Geovision, please help of us all?

The more I try and figure this out, I don't think it is anything but the iphone software.

The min I press 'done' so it tries to connect, it tells me 'connection failed'

I have tried to reinstall with no luck.

Hi Everyone,

I understand the frustration, but basically GeoVision released the app to Apple for preliminary testing and Apple released it to their apps page and people began downloading it.

This is why there is not documented support for it yet, since it was NOT supposed to be released yet. I don't think it would make sense to have Apple remove it at this point, so please bear with us as we put together a manual for your reference.

Hi Everyone,

I understand the frustration, but basically GeoVision released the app to Apple for preliminary testing and Apple released it to their apps page and people began downloading it.

This is why there is not documented support for it yet, since it was NOT supposed to be released yet. I don't think it would make sense to have Apple remove it at this point, so please bear with us as we put together a manual for your reference.

I understand what you are saying, this stuff happens. I guess at this point there is not much for us to do but hope things get worked out with updates.

Manual came out today....I got a copy of it...just need to figure out how to post it here for download....

Second.. figured out why mine was not working, now the live works EVERYTIME....albiet there are some bugs in the program...I will post them later tonight.

Well the app instructions are pretty basic. Here is the MOST IMPORTANT part, and the part that I was missing:

Activating the GV-iView Function on the Main Geovision Software.

To allow remote access to GV-System, the following functions must be activated:

1. Click the Network button, select WebCam Server, click the JPG tab, and select Create

JPEG/GIF file(s).

2. Click the Mobile tab, and activate the settings of communication ports.

3. Click OK to start the WebCam server.

Also read this for firewall instructions:

Note: If there is a router or firewall installed, ensure these communication ports required by

the WebCam server are open: HTTP Port 80, Live View Port 8866 and RPB Port 5511.

I cannot seem to attach the pdf zip to the forums....it gives me an error, but that is the part I was missing that would not let it work.

Hope this helps some people!

If you want the pdf instructions, contact usavisionsys.com, go to the live support button on the left, and ask them there. That is where I got it from.

Hi guys,

I've been trying to configure the new iPhone app as well. I've upgraded my software to 8.31 but when I go into the area to turn on "create jpg/gif" files, the option is not checked and it is greyed out. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Justin

Yet another frustrated sysadmin who is getting random errors on live view, both from inside and outside the network, who has his ports forwarded and even tried NEW ports thinking they might be blocked. Any news Mr. Geovision?

If you changed the Http port from the default, you have to enter it in the IP address. Example: 55.55.55.55:3000

Yet another frustrated sysadmin who is getting random errors on live view, both from inside and outside the network, who has his ports forwarded and even tried NEW ports thinking they might be blocked. Any news Mr. Geovision?

A big Thanks and a tip to the hat to DeathtoToasters1 for the info!

I tried everything posted here and other web sites and it finally worked.

All I was missing was this part :

Click the Network button, select WebCam Server, click the JPG tab, and select Create

JPEG/GIF file(s).

Thanks again for the info,really a neat program. Jim