somi97

Need help designing a new system for a warehouse

I need to get a video system to monitor a warehouse using a DVR system that will run 8 cameras. I am also looking for some recommendation on low light or day/night Cameras. I also require web-based remote viewing. Looking for a system around 1200 Dollars.

Any suggestions or advice on what direction to go would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Alan.

In all honesty, it is going to be tough to find a 8 camera system for around $1200 especially one that needs all infrared cameras. I would recommend calling a company that does wholesale pricing like cctv imports or some others that advertise on the forums, most are very helpful and have an excellent customer service.

As far as camera i would recommend going with something with a wide lens and not so far a range on IR or you will get a spotlight effect, and you will miss out on most of the warehouse at night (like the ones in our warehouse ) unless there is one or two lights left on at night. Hope this helps

Your price is the Sam's and Costco equipment just remember they do not use the equipment they sell the hire cctv installers to use the high end IP cameras and NDVR's that cost thousands not the few hundred like the stuff they sell. You should base the security system and cctv system on the value of what they protect. Also you need to buy equipment that will work in the envirement you are going to install it in. Is this going to be hotter than the dvr will live in what about a case to keep lint dust out but still keep it cool. Now lets look at the real side of your question.

1. 8 entry level day night cameras at $ 100.00 each = $800.00

2. 1 quality power supply at $ 100.00 = $100.00

3. 8 runs of 100 foot rg6 at $ 50.00 each = $400.00

4. 1 entry level DVR at $ 800.00 = $800.00

5. 1 17 inch LCD monitor at $ 150.00 = $150.00

ENTRY LEVEL SYSTEM TOTAL COST =$2250.00

And this does not include labor to install the equipment.

And this is entry level you buy it online and ebay if you are lucky the theif will not steal the cctv equipment or will walk up and stare at the camera because this will be lucky to guess who the person is at 30 feet at in good light not to mention night or dark.

I need to get a video system to monitor a warehouse using a DVR system that will run 8 cameras. I am also looking for some recommendation on low light or day/night Cameras. I also require web-based remote viewing. Looking for a system around 1200 Dollars.

Any suggestions or advice on what direction to go would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Alan.

Hello! Actually you can get what you want within your budget.

CCTV systems DK-0818, you have a check about its specifications:

DVR: 8 CH CCTV Real Time DVR 1TB HD /H.264 Video Compression /Display @ Record: 240 fps /

Recording Mode: Continuous/Scheduled/Motion/Sensor /IR Remote Control /Support Live! Preview via 3G Mobile /

Cameras:ZMD-CS239BG - Color IR Vari-Focal Dome Camera/ZMD-CS349SV - Outdoor IR Color Camera

Complete system only needs you $975 after discount....

Best wishes!

although we don't know camera to target distance, lighting conditions etc, you will most likely not obtain useable, forensic quality video images from such equipment......

Here is a deal that I can do for you on 8 cameras and one DVR server.

Features of each camera:

* 520 TVL for Day and Night, you can see night time images crystal clear with inflated up to 35 feet away.

* CCD Sensor

* Each lens comes with 90 Degrees Wide Angle View (if you put it in a corner you get a good "L" view of the entire room)

Here are the Feature of the DVR server:

*8CH DVR

*1TB Hard Drive divided into two partitions (10GB for Operating System and the rest for the Videos partition)

*Records using the National Broadcasting Standard (CIF Quality at 352x288 per each Camera at good bitrate utilizing H.264 codec for a good chance of giving you positive identities).

*Saves files directly into a *.mpg file that can be understood by Windows Media Player or any other players/tools after installing our codec in target system.

*DVD Burner

*Nero Burning ROM with NERO VISION - So you can master your own DVD Playable Evidence Disc from the time range of your choice (can stuff up to 4 hours of footage per DVD without compromising the quality of the original MPG video file OR save as DVD DATA + Codec for PC to PC transport)

All this package I can give it to you for $1,200 (your budjet). Howerer, the RG59 or RG6 cables are not included, the installer that will be doing the installation for you can provide you with the cables, or you can buy them cheaply at Ebay. I will provide you with 16 free BNC heads at least so when you get the cables you can start right away with my provided BNC heads.

..And at a 352 pixel width, at a 90 degree angle, that yields about 7 Pixels per foot, which is not exactly what I'd call "Crystal Clear"... Katie, Francisconet, Etc. (you know who you are) Please stop spamming our boards. You are an insult to those of us here that attempt to provide helpful information to people, without attempting to sell something to each of them.

somi97, if you can provide more details on what you are trying to achieve with this system, we can try to provide more information back to you. Just for reference, though, a professionally installed system with eight cameras would typically run at least 4-6 times your original budget, or more, depending on what you are trying to achieve.

To think in terms of camera pixels- thats just the beginning. The results are actually more decimating to the final image quality, when video compression is applied.....

Dual channel encoding and processing would help, but most DVRs don't have this capability (separate record and remote network veiwing channels).

..And at a 352 pixel width, at a 90 degree angle, that yields about 7 Pixels per foot, which is not exactly what I'd call "Crystal Clear"... Katie, Francisconet, Etc. (you know who you are) Please stop spamming our boards. You are an insult to those of us here that attempt to provide helpful information to people, without attempting to sell something to each of them.

somi97, if you can provide more details on what you are trying to achieve with this system, we can try to provide more information back to you. Just for reference, though, a professionally installed system with eight cameras would typically run at least 4-6 times your original budget, or more, depending on what you are trying to achieve.

Listen to this man. You're not going to get anything identifiable out of that budget system... not at that range/resolution

****** edit ******

This is a handy set of examples that somebody posted here one day. I don't know who the actual author of it is, or I'd credit them:

105984_1.png

Image how poor 7 pixels per foot will be...

Hi,

Well, I am the manufacturer of the system that I specified and as the manufacturer I think I get to set MSRP for the products that I manufacture.

I was only trying to design a product that completely matches the budjet of the original poster. I know its a 352x288 resolution per channel, but with properly placed cameras you can get positive identifications under that kind of configuration. Such as to begin with, placing one camera in the center of the entrance door in a manner than when a person walks in you get to capture a great deal of his face in around 70% of the viewable area of that channel and at 352 lines you will know and see that face clearly. Now as the other cameras, EVEN if that same person does something wrong, and even if you got to see that person doing something wrong at 7 pixels because that person was so far away from that other cameras, at least you will get to know what's the color of the person, the color of the shirt and jeans/pants and then you get to compare that visual information with camera#1 (the main entrance camera) to ID him/her. That way I was able to solve many cases locally within my neighborhood, even cases that got recorded on a DVR that we didn't install and that recorded on a slightly lower resolution (320x240 QVGA) than the DVR that I proposed here that records at 352x288 CIF for 20~50 extra pixels at least. Its all about strategic camera placements, dont expect to get positive identifications on ALL cameras, this wont even happen on D1 systems. To solve a case, you need cooperation from most, if not all of your cameras recordings, thats my stragegy, specially if $1,200 is the most you can afford to spend for a surveillance system.

If for some reasons it must be at D1 720x480, I can also design D1 systems, but not at the $1,200 max budget, that system falls on a totally different pricing bracket.