sviviani

need help with wireless design

First off, I am not a believer in wireless, but I have been given a project in a very high end home, i.e. custom/antique everything. I need to install 5 cameras upstairs and 2 downstairs, there is no way to wire between floors.

I may not even be able to wire to the cameras, so I am not sure how to even power these yet. I am considering ip cam on wifi network if I can get power to them, but am looking for any suggestions. Of course they want everything hidden, so I am looking for pinhole or snake cameras. Any suggestions, no matter how off the wall are appreciated.

Your standard home wireless routers are not gonna work as there speed is in data packet burst not constant through put like 5 IP cameras would generate also high dollar high end house = more exspensive equipment and not all cameras could be hidden.

Agreed, WiFi will probably not be the best way to go here. Although data rates with basic VGA-resolution cameras won't be that high, your signal strength and coverage will likely be an issue, even with an 11n router (I'm guessing this is a BIG house?).

Why do you have to go wireless? Check our Aboundi. They make a Ethernet over power line system the is capable of 200Mbps. I have been using and testing it in my house of about 6 months and it works great with IP cameras. Also you could use AXIS M7001 Covert Surveillance Kit or what ever small analog camera you like. I can put you in contact with the owner of the company if you would like a demo kit.

http://www.electric-connect.com/index.html

Edited by Guest

Agreed, WiFi will probably not be the best way to go here. Although data rates with basic VGA-resolution cameras won't be that high, your signal strength and coverage will likely be an issue, even with an 11n router (I'm guessing this is a BIG house?).

If by big you mean the master bathroom is bigger than any room in my house, then yes, it is BIG.

If by big you mean the master bathroom is bigger than any room in my house, then yes, it is BIG.

103653_1.gif