FredB

Samsung SDN-500 Camera

I have the 2 of the 520 sitting right here, but just haven't had the oportunity to test them out yet.

Will do tonight,

the 500 is an DIGITAL day night. Res and lux stay the same -480TVL 0.2 LUX. its basically similar to an COLOR exview where digitally switches to monochrome in low lighting. So its not a true day night.

the 520 is a true day night exview - well so im lead to believe from the rep and cam specs. With IR cut filter. 480TVL 0.2 LUX, 570TVL 0.01 LUX. mechanically switches to BW.

the 721 is the better one, true day night, wide dynamic, with SSNR.

i havent been able to get response from any dists in florida to buy them, so im sticking with GE for now..

Rory

Hey Herm, definitely try and crack one of those puppies open. I am interested in what you think of the performance.

Was thinking about the 721 but the camera is just going to over look a pool so I think it would be overkill. The 520 sounds interesting. I have a Ganz camera sitting here with a mechanical IR cut filter, and it is really grainy at night. Good Tameron lens, so..

Herm, keep us posted of the result from that 520 cam.

Go with a JVC TK-C920UA Easy/Day Night Super Lo Lux 535 TVL in Color. Use that with a Rainbow L212AVDC4PIR 2.6-12mm aspheric verifocal 4 pin IR Lens. If you use an IR Lens your picture will more than likely be much crisper when the camera goes to b/w. I know it is with the rainbow lens on JVC camera. I've Done it.

I'm looking for the best day/night camera I can get for under $400 that has or can accept a 30mm+ AI lens. (If lens is included, I'll consider a higher price.)

So far, I'm "focused" on the Bosch LTC0495/20, but am still very open to any alternatives. Any suggestions?

GE Kalatel KTC-2000DN - IR TO 1100NM range..

Exview True Day Night.

5-50mm AI Lens

The best choice I have to recommend is the Samsung snd-520DN, IR cut filter, and will accept any size lens you throw at it as long as is a C/S mount Lens. Plus it's a little less than what you are looking to pay.

I have 2 in stock if interested.

here's a info link:

http://www.samsungcctv.com

just go to the color camera fixed section, and it's going to be the second one on the list.

I don't see anything in the 520 specs to indicate it has an ICR (Infrared Cut Filter Removable) feature. This feature appears to be available only on the 721. Can someone confirm this?

Here's an interesting comparision:

Samsung 721 vs. Toshiba IK-64DNA

http://www.samsungtechwin.com/upload_file/product/35/17354.cata.pdf

http://www.toshiba.com/taisisd/security/products/cameras/images/IK64DNA.pdf

Their specs are very similar. Unless I'm missing something, the Toshiba looks like a screaming bargain. Does anyone have experience with both these cameras?

its a bargain cause noone is buying them..

Also, the 721A is a Wide Dynamic Camera, with SSNR..its twice the price of the 520, which is more the equivelent to the toshiba model.

i have an IK-644A right here in front of me, not that impressive. But its still good.

Funny thing is that I have both of them sitting in front of me, but the toshiba's quality is not as good as it says, the IR cut filter only works when it wants to, plus the samsung seems to have a more realistic picture.

They are both good cameras, but I prefer the Samsung anyway than the toshiba.

I distribute for both companies, plus I now distribute to American Dynamics, and Rainbow Products, which are owned by BOSCH? not sure, but they do make a great Armor Dome Camera.

Rainbow is owned by ISO International Space Optics.....They do make a great High Impact Dome. They even have the Vari-Focal Hi-impacts which are great. My favorite Mini dome though is the MDCVF from rainbow. Vari-Focal 380 lines 3.5-8mm DC auto iris lens. You can also get it with the Power supply. Very good price on these also. As far as A great Hi res camera with IR Cut filter. Really Great picture also. JVC TK-C1460U uses any C/CS mount lens. 480TVL, DSP with Extended Dynamic Range function. Automatic motion detection with alarm signal output 10xdigital zoom function, RS485 Remote Control Capability for camera setting etc. etc. etc. Comes with Software for Camera. I prefer the Rainbow L880VDC4PIR Lens. 8-80mm Verifocal 4 pin Infrar red lens. This lens Camera combo is an awesome picture!!!

Edited by Guest

Yes,

the part number is UF500___ Depends on what you want, Spot Beam Narrow Beam, Medium Beam, or Flood beam also out of all those you can choose from 730nm 830nm or 950nm filter.