ini

.5 Lux Lighting ?

Do you get reflection? I just hate that bullets are suceptible to manipulation. I don't have the option of mounting them "out of reach"..whatever that means.

yeah but the IR is just no good normally. Well most of my jobs have been outdoors so inside a room it may work fine. Also, since that camera has IR, why are you worried about the night light being on? Or would you disable the IR in that case? Also .. every camera can be disabled .. vandal or not., little bit of paint, shine a light at it .. wear a ski mask ... etc . Thing is, I give video to the cops here, they have a perfect picture of the criminal right in front of the camera, doing the crime, and they still let them out on bail anyway .. only places i use domes now is withing reach like camera at face height pointing right at the faces of people coming into a night club .. otherwise if they would take the time to get to the camera thats out of reach, they can disable a dome just as easily.

I admit it though .. im all domed out .. they are harder to install, normally a worse image, and typically cost much more than their bullet camera equivalent.

Also, since that camera has IR, why are you worried about the night light being on? Or would you disable the IR in that case?

No, originally, I was considering their 4201, which is a cube cam, w/ out IR, hense my original question. But I then started looking at the 3511 after determing (pending Glen's demo's tonight) that the 4201's wouldn't be sufficient with the night lights.

ok, the moment you've been waiting for

First I will post pics from the 5601 I also have a 1231 that arrived yesterday and opened it for your pleasure. It has built in IR's and is very similar to the 3411 (guts wise)

5601 all the lights on (compact fluorescent not totally bright as daylight)

lightson5601.jpg

1231 all lights on

lightson1231.jpg

5601 only one light on

1lightinanotherroom5601.jpg

1231 one light on

onelight1231.jpg

5601 with 2 led nightlights

2lednightlights5601.jpg

1231 2 led nightlights

2lednightlights1231.jpg

5601 no lights with flashlight shining from behind

flashlight5601.jpg

1231 no lights with external IR illuminator shining from behind

nolightIRilluminator1231.jpg

5601 with optimum lighting (huge work bench light, as close as I could get to daylight) and colors

103868_1.jpg

1231 same thing

103868_2.jpg

Well, what do you think? All cameras were out of the box default settings, I didnt have time to tweak the saturation, etc. And both had some warping of the edges of the pictures, the 1231 was alot worse. Also the 1231 is a pain in the hiney to focus or zoom because you have to take the whole camera apart, no external focus or zoom So I didnt fool with it

Edited by Guest

Oh yeah, and an analog camera with no IR just two 60w compact flourescents motion activated (panasonic wv-cp484) Your right Rory, I got lazy so I reposted these

Hmmm

llightonly.jpg

Same analog camera daytime (early morning)

daytime.jpg

Edited by Guest

Oh yeah, and an analog camera with built in IR and Sony 540TVL HQ-1

Hmmm

hmmm ... no IR ...

bottom left .. exview bw 0.01 lux. i think top right 0.5 lux color.

all4.jpg

bottom left .. low light color 0.1 lux superhad ...

lv1.jpg

lights off .. that standard 0.1 lux BW on the bottom right still representin

all3.jpg

and ok.. sum IR. (saved from old standalone at low res blown up to 640)

ireg640480.jpg

ahh .. more .. (its not small, its just your monitor! )

dn_1.jpg

dont mind that though .. here is a PC card capture with the cheapest color bullet you can buy .. my cost around $50

(i love when yall is pick the worst looking CCTV camera image you can find )

AmCap.jpg

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/tmp/AMCAPeg1.bmp

Thanks for the Acti comparison! The 1231 is much better so it appears. Quite a bit of barrel distortion but still fine. I think I'll pick up one to try out.

Thanks for the Acti comparison! The 1231 is much better so it appears. Quite a bit of barrel distortion but still fine. I think I'll pick up one to try out.

Hmm look very carefully at 1231 and 5601 under good light in his garage

for example at vacuum cleaner box

1231 kinda sucks

low light agree 1231 is better

1231 kinda sucks

Yes both cameras were in MPEG-4 mode (MJPEG looks worse to me). For some reason the 1231 was NOT quite as crisp, but then again like I said I didn't do any focusing on the 1231 because you have to literally take it apart. The 5601 has the CS mount lense so focusing perfectly is easy.

Edited by Guest

1231 kinda sucks

Yes I'm mostly stuck on the low light performance. I'm presently using Sanyo VCC-HD4000 . it is a beautiful camera and can even reliably read license plates on cars travelling 45 mph at 140 yards and 30 degree angle.

But at night it sucks...period. Now I am trying for clean night vision upto 20 yards with facial recognition. These comparisons are very usefull as I've all but given up on analog cameras for this application. The new Acti 1.3 MP CCD camera looks like it may fit the bill..

1231 kinda sucks

Yes I'm mostly stuck on the low light performance. I'm presently using Sanyo VCC-HD4000 . it is a beautiful camera and can even reliably read license plates on cars travelling 45 mph at 140 yards and 30 degree angle.

Can we see samples pix from Sanyo please ?

Thx

1231 kinda sucks

But at night it sucks...period. Now I am trying for clean night vision upto 20 yards with facial recognition. These comparisons are very usefull as I've all but given up on analog cameras for this application. The new Acti 1.3 MP CCD camera looks like it may fit the bill..

Look at the Arecont 3130..... Probably the best low light performance of any megapixel camera..... much better then ACTI

Just for fun

Image taken by no name 1.3mp Asian camera

103892_1.jpg

Arecont 3105 DN

( The good part I supply product ( 8 Areconts) and remote help

to set up system took few days and lots of phone calls, but install done by customer 100% they choose position,fov and so on...

they are about 6 hours driving from me

109023_1.jpg

Edited by Guest

Thanks for the examples guys. This is exactly what I needed. I guess for low/no light situations analog is still lookin' pretty good.

Thewireguys, do you have any examples of the 3130 in low light? I'd like to see how much better "much better" is.

Ak357, What lens do they have on that Arecont in the second pic? Do you have any night time examples? Many thanks!!

Thanks for the examples guys. This is exactly what I needed. I guess for low/no light situations analog is still lookin' pretty good.

Thewireguys, do you have any examples of the 3130 in low light? I'd like to see how much better "much better" is.

Make you a deal I will get some demo images up for you have if you decide to buy the camera you order it from me.... is that fair?

Make you a deal I will get some demo images up for you have if you decide to buy the camera you order it from me.... is that fair?

I'll be very honest with you...with the cost of that camera and then having to buy two lenses, I seriously doubt I can sell one of those to my current client-base. But, if you did convince me...and I could sell one...I would buy it from you as long as I can't find it for 5% cheaper elsewhere. Fair enough? If not, I'm sure it won't be long before someone comes along here that has one and is willing to post just to help others out and because the mfg's don't....like Glen.

1231 kinda sucks

Thx

Yes I'm working on getting 25 posts so I can post some. I really do want to show what it can do ( and can't do very well).

About the Asian 1.3 MP camera vs Arecont post above, it that a CCD 1.3 or a Cmos? Thanks.

1231 kinda sucks

Thx

Yes I'm working on getting 25 posts so I can post some. I really do want to show what it can do ( and can't do very well).

About the Asian 1.3 MP camera vs Arecont post above, it that a CCD 1.3 or a Cmos? Thanks.

If I'm not mistaken the Arecont 3105 DN above is a 3 megapixel CMOS....I'm curious as to what lens is used....looks very promising.

1231 kinda sucks

Look at the Arecont 3130..... Probably the best low light performance of any megapixel camera..... much better then ACTI

You wouldn't believe how many times I resisted that camera. I dunno why but there is a reason Avigilon uses CCD's so I'm still torn. I know I'll have my run-in with the 3130 or 3135 when it's out. Thanks!

"Could not access ftp directory: 'attachments/thumbs'. Please check your FTP Settings." ..anyone else getting this message when trying to attach files?...

Ak357, What lens do they have on that Arecont in the second pic? Do you have any night time examples? Many thanks!!

Its probably hard to believe, but we are using cheap Asian 1/2 '' varifocal lenses

will get night shots soon

Its probably hard to believe, but we are using cheap Asian 1/2 '' varifocal lenses

will get night shots soon

May I trouble you to share mfg, part #? thanks so much! that is a nice shot...