CHOPRAMO

How to view video from Hikvision 7204 on a cellphone

Hi......... i have recently installed a few Hikvision 4 channel (7204) Stanalone DVRs for a few of my clients.

Can anyone tell me how to view the video from the DVR on a mobile phone. I am able to view these DVRs on the net using a computer.

I have a Nokia E SERIES phone

Hey Burstelement thanks for your help.

I believe that the software is not compatible with the Nokia E series phone,coz the camera only opens for a fraction of a second and then the screen becomes blank.

Could you tell me what the problem could be?

Even if you don't know, i am still extremely grateful for your help.

have now tried viewing more than one DVR from the software suggested by Burstelement.

My phone is an E-71 Nokia.

The camera image appears for a fraction of a second and then the screen goes dark and you cannot see anything. Can anyone suggest a way out of this problem??

I am not sure of the problem. It may be that you might have to upgrade your connection with your cell phone company so that you can stream constantly. Connection to a webpage, and to a DVR may require different plans. I truely do not know, but give them a call.

Find out what it would take to connect your phone to a laptop, and to give the laptop an internet connection via your cellphone. This might allow you to connect to your DVR.

Although I have never connected via a Cell Phone, it is my understanding that you may have to connect via the sub stream of the DVR.

Again, I have never attempted this. I would assume, depending upon the frame rate the DVR is set to, it may be too much for the cell network to handle.

I hope this helps ?????

Mike

Thank you both Scorpion and Shoreview.

a few facts: -

i. I can easily connect to the Avtech DVRs that i have installed using "Eagle Eyes" software on my Nokia E-71.

ii. I can connect to the Avtech DVRs from my Macbook using my mobile phone as a modem.

iii. Hikvision DVRs cannot be accessed from my Mac.

I don't think streaming video is a problem for the mobile phone to handle as it shows the images from the Avtech DVR in excellent detail.

Any ideas????

I find it curious that you can see AVTech DVRs with a Macbook. What kind of browser are you using on the Macbook?

Are you using the browser to view the DVR?

I would have thought you would need to use Active X.

Thanks,

I find it curious that you can see AVTech DVRs with a Macbook. What kind of browser are you using on the Macbook?

Are you using the browser to view the DVR?

I would have thought you would need to use Active X.

Thanks,

no its all in java and java script now .. i can watch it in firefox.

had to download and install java though which sucks, might as well just download a decent client app one time and stay clear of the browser.

i cant believe avtech havent fixed their video quality yet though, its horid on the network.

Well, to watch an Avtech 760 or 761, i just open the mac browser i.e. Safari and log on to the DVR static IP. The dvr opens in QuickTime and is very clear.

I don't use Firefox or any other browser.

My problem with the Hikvision DVR to be viewed on a cell phone remains unresolved.