somi97

Need some Help finding a camera.

I'm looking for a camera which can give me a good or a clear face recognition image at night. Is going to be mounted at least 16-20Ft high pointing to a door entrance to capture the faces of people going in/out of the place and most important is going to be in a dark/almost no light area.

Any suggestion ?

a camera outside pointing at the entrance will unlikely capture their face walking into the store. better off putting a camera outside for general viewing and a decent WDR camera (or just good BLC) inside pointing at the entrance to get their face when they enter, or a cheap camera at the entrance inside pointing in to get their faces when then leave.

What are the lighting condition? Are there any lights near the area of concern or no lights at all?

There's no lights at all, only an emergency light. I was thinking of a good IR camera but I don't know how clear the image is going to be with the IR. Any suggestion?.

Thanks in advance.

As you need, you want to see people's face clearly, so high resolution is necessary, and night vision is also needed. Also cameras have indoor or outdoor, you know, if need weather-proof, outdoor vandal-proof and weather-proof will be better.

Remember to mount the camera upside down. You know you just mount it high on the door, so this is important.

The best thing is, you go to the camera shop, tell them about your budget . ask them what they have.Then from there, you might only short list it and get some feedback from the user.

happy searching =D

Thanks

You need a Infrared High speed dome camera (high res.)

If you are in need of one security camera only, then the best option is to go to a CCTV security surveillance cameras shop, describe your area conditions (most probably some pictures will be more then welcome), your budget and they will do the rest for you.

Regards.