Sign in to follow this  
bcw757

Camera images bleeding into other cameras???

I'll try to make as much sense as I can with this.

I have a 16 ch windows system that has been flawless for about 3 years now. I'm not sure what kind of card it is, the software says NV5000. Anyway in the last week, all of a sudden my camera image appear to be bleeding into eachother in a cycle. IE, part of cam 6 will ghost over cam 12, and distort both images, then it's cam 13 for a couple of seconds, then cam 14, etc....

Is this my dvr card going out?? Bad power supply, or other???

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

hi. sounds like 1 of your cameras has lost its nutral power lines and is picking it up though the bnc. disconect all cameras then refitt 1 at a time to find your problem camera. or if your system is on baluns you might have a faulty 1

Take a voltage meter and test each power connector of your camera. Depending on the types of cameras and transformer(s) you have, you should be getting a reading of 12Volts DC or 24Volts AC, if you find the problem camera that you can't find a reading, then this means that there is a broken power cable for that camera(s) (might be a case of a poorly connected cables, or a "rodent" situation).

If all power cables are fine, and you are getting the symptoms you explained, and all BNC connectors are fine, then you might have an issue with the Power Supply Unit of that DVR PC Server, its DC Voltage distribution readings might be declining, a signal that you may have to purchase a new ATX Power Supply Unit.

I really doubt that your Physical PCI DVR Card is getting damaged, these cards rarely, and I mean RARELY do get damaged for real, its always an issue with bad/underrated Power Supply Unit, Bad (blown out) Capacitors on the Mainboard, Wrong Chiptset type, or even Bad Sectors/Bad Hard Drive/Faulty SATA connector/controller, but almost NEVER the DVR card itself.