ctsk8r

Wave P BL-1408 software

I am having issues with the software (version 8.3.1.0) freezing on me daily. Does anyone know of other software that will work with this card?

Hi. The system was built for the CCTV system. Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3l mobo, GIGABYTE GV-R465OC-1GI Radeon HD 4650 VIdeo,

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz CPU.

Wave P told me that sys is fine.

Try version 8.3.0.0 , I have no problems with it .. and already installed like 20-30 - 1408 and the same amount 1416. On different PC specs and etc...

OK you think there is a bug in the latest version???

The other thing that crashes the program is upping the resolution on the cameras.

Tbh , I have not tried the latest version... my DVR boards works fine with the old one. Will try it soon tho, just to check it out.

OK so I reinstalled back to XP SP2 and downloaded the older version 8.3.0.0 and now every time I load the software I get a message that the DVR software needs to close. I then have to restart the system because I get black screens when I try to reopen and then get the same popup when I restart the machine.

Is there anything in the Gigabyte ATI driver software that I can possibly change to fix this? I am thinking that it has to either be the video card driver or the DVR card driver.

I am thinking that Windows Defender is part of the part of my problem. I removed it. Any known issues with it and the WAPA software?

I uninstalled Windows Defender and it has solved my problem with the software crashing and freezing up.

Now the only problem I have is when I put more than 1 camera in 640x480 resolution the software crashes. Any idea what can be causing this???

And i though I have bad luck with some PC/cards ...

No idea anymore, mate .. sorry GL fixing it.

glad you got it figured out ctsk8r,

The BL-1408 card handels 30fps per camera or 15fps at D1 resolution. If you try to put D1 at 30fps the system will crash. I have contacted wave-p to change the software so it doesnt give the option to choose 30fps when you are on D1.

Steven

ExpertDVRs

Try version 8.3.0.0 , I have no problems with it .. and already installed like 20-30 - 1408 and the same amount 1416. On different PC specs and etc...

So can the BL-1408 and BL-1416 both display and record Full D1 at 30 and 15 fps respectively on all channels simeltaneously? Is it hardware encoding or is it done in software?

What confuses me is the video signal from analog cameras is composite, and D1 according to wikipedia requires component video.

Sorry if that's alot to ask, my first post here and throwing the big newb questions out.

BL series cards are software compression cards.

it come with PCI-Express expansion card format

the software can support recording up to D1

So can the BL-1408 and BL-1416 both display and record Full D1 at 30 and 15 fps respectively on all channels simeltaneously? Is it hardware encoding or is it done in software?

Hello

The BL-1408 and 1416 are software encoding cards in PCI-Express format.

As far as I know the following is correct.

Version 8.3.0.0 can record at D1 with 12.5fps (15fps NTSC) and 25fps (30fps NTSC) using CIF resolution.

Version 8.3.1.0 is fixed to half D1 (704X288) 12.5fps (15fps NTSC)

Version 8.2.2.0 can mix the Philip's based SAA PCI cards in the same computer as the BL PCI-e cards

Hope thats some help.

Chris

SFP SECURITY

This does help my understanding. I guess it displays 30 fps in live preview because the input is just output directly to overlay. For frame grabbing it probably deinterlaces which is why the fps is 1/2. What remains is if it can record at full speed on all channels or 15 is the total fps it can record at.

Anyone using these with Vista / 7 32-bit?

This does help my understanding. I guess it displays 30 fps in live preview because the input is just output directly to overlay. For frame grabbing it probably deinterlaces which is why the fps is 1/2. What remains is if it can record at full speed on all channels or 15 is the total fps it can record at.

Anyone using these with Vista / 7 32-bit?

Hi

I would say its down to the decoding chips ability to render each frame, the single Conexant chip on these cards for each 8 channel input is able to handle Cif real-time but can not handle D1 real-time but only half (12.5 for Pal and 15 for NTSC).

The Philip's based cards have a single chip for each channel so can record real-time at 640x480 as well as cif.

Before we started selling these we did test with some Vista computers and all seemed well, we did have a couple of problems with the first 8.2.0.0 software, 8.3+ has so far been OK . As far as I know all the ones we have sold for Vista are running OK.

All the best

Chris

SFP SECURITY

Ok I just got a BL-1404 but it only shows up as one device in Device Manager and is only working with the included software. Is that normal for the Wave-P cards or should it work with other software like AMCap and Active Webcam? Did I get a "cloned card"?

Dear all;

I have installed 1416 into a Core 2 Duo E7500/ P31 based Mainboard with 2GB RAM

when I configure it to D1 6fps - 16 cameras, the system always crash during playback

does anyone got idea what has happened ?

Anyone ever got this system run stable with D1 resolution ??

Kindly share your experience

OK I just got a BL-1404 but it only shows up as one device in Device Manager and is only working with the included software. Is that normal for the Wave-P cards or should it work with other software like AMCap and Active Webcam? Did I get a "cloned card"?

Hi

That would be normal as it only has a single chip on the board, to use AMcap or Active Webcam etc you would need some WMD drivers for the card, as far as I know there are not any for the Conexant CX25853 chip that this card has, but you could try a web search and see. Are you having a problem with the Wave-p software?

All the best

Chris

Dear all;

I have installed 1416 into a Core 2 Duo E7500/ P31 based Mainboard with 2GB RAM

when I configure it to D1 6fps - 16 cameras, the system always crash during playback

does anyone got idea what has happened ?

Anyone ever got this system run stable with D1 resolution ??

Kindly share your experience

Hi

Can you tell me which version software you are running? Does it also crash at other frame rates and if set to CIF recording?

All the best

Chris

Hi Chris

It crash on 8.3.0 version software and 8.3.1 software, it only crash during playback windows will warn "dvr.exe has error", only by re-booting the PC the application will work again, so far it works fine with CIF @ 25 fps ..