I have done a few (2-3)megapixel installations, my question is which are the most commonly/popular lens that your pros use in your installations. I primarily use Arecont Vision cameras and computar lens for all the past installations. Are auto iris varifocal lens better than manual varifocal lens? The other question is, is it good to focus cameras late late in the day or during full day light.

thank you

I have done a few (2-3)megapixel installations, my question is which are the most commonly/popular lens that your pros use in your installations. I primarily use Arecont Vision cameras and computar lens for all the past installations. Are auto iris varifocal lens better than manual varifocal lens? The other question is, is it good to focus cameras late late in the day or during full day light.

thank you

There are few very good lens manufacturers - Tamron, Computar and Fujinon(best). Just make sure you get right lense for right camera - not 1.3 megapixel lens for 3mpix camera.

Auto iris function is needed.

If you use day/night lense, you shouldnt need to focus it at night again.

Before you get an auto-iris lens, make sure your camera supports it. While it's almost universal on analog cameras, not all megapixel cameras have support for it yet.

Before you get an auto-iris lens, make sure your camera supports it. While it's almost universal on analog cameras, not all megapixel cameras have support for it yet.

As far as I know - Arecont have some, AI at the end of model. Avigilon also have.

That's the point: SOME, but not ALL. An auto-iris lens simply won't work on a camera that doesn't have the driver for it - the iris will remain closed and you get a lovely black scene. So before choosing auto or manual iris, make sure of what your camera of choice supports.

I have the manufacturer specified day/night ir lenses and I still get a focus shift when the camera goes into night mode. I have arecont and stardot 5mp cameras. The only camera I dont have this issue with is my 3mp iqeye which stays clear in color and does not switch over to night mode. There is plenty of ambient light from street lights and flood lights.

Will

Here are some megapixel Lenses that I have used with success:

Fujinon - Fantastic Lenses, priced accordingly, mainly manual iris

Tamron - Good range, well priced

Theia - great wide angle lenses

Samyang - good pricing, good IR corrected general purpose lens

Rainbow - good IR corrected long range lens 8-80mm

and in EF mount Canon (best) and Sigma (well priced)

Got a link for these??

Canon L-series lenses are among the best in pro photography... also priced accordingly.

Got a link for these??

Canon L-series lenses are among the best in pro photography... also priced accordingly.

Hi Soundy,

http://www.theiatech.com/

Great lenses, some are IR corrected also.

Kowa has a new 5MP VF/AI IR corrected lens. Tested to perform better than the 3MP Fujinon (non IR Corrected) under any conditions.

Kowa has a new 5MP VF/AI IR corrected lens. Tested to perform better than the 3MP Fujinon (non IR Corrected) under any conditions.

Whats the model code?

Has anyone looked at the Pentax, Panasonic and even Bosch MP lenses? They really produce decent decent results... I personally like the Pentax lenses that are calibrated for MP cameras...

Has anyone looked at the Pentax, Panasonic and even Bosch MP lenses? They really produce decent decent results... I personally like the Pentax lenses that are calibrated for MP cameras...

Can you list their megapixel lenses?