kenjidm

Please help!! New to this Forum and Security Camera

I need expert advise at these things and am interested in a 4 camera infrared security system. I would like it to record to DVR and probably hook it up to my tv to 1) check to see who's at the front door 2) any suspicious noise or activities and don't want to look out the window...

What would you recommend? I dont want some high tech expensive system, but one that will do its job good. I am a newbie at this and only looking into it now cause my wife got her car broken into right in front of our house.

Thanks!

I need expert advise at these things and am interested in a 4 camera infrared security system. I would like it to record to DVR and probably hook it up to my tv to 1) check to see who's at the front door 2) any suspicious noise or activities and don't want to look out the window...

What would you recommend? I dont want some high tech expensive system, but one that will do its job good. I am a newbie at this and only looking into it now cause my wife got her car broken into right in front of our house.

Thanks!

hi,my friend,it is easy,you can select the system with four IR cameras + one 4-channels standalone dvr can solve your requests.

Hi, are you in the UK? As Cqdvr has said Kits for DIY install are readily avilable, if it's just for general overview and prevention - a few high res integrated IR wide angle cameras and DVR would normally be the least expensive option. If you are placing the DVR in the living area - ensure DVR is one with Fanless operation as most units create a certain amount of noise due to the cooling fans. Connection to a standard TV is easily acheived via Scart or AV Input.

I would check out Costco. If it doesnt work out, you can take it back.

Low Tech is best but they have some decent wireless systems for a low price.

RR

Since your requirements are not high, so you can choose those entry level DVRs which is much cheaper, and 4 channle is ok for you. Then choose some proper cameras according to your needs, ie, weather-proof, or vandal-proof, or night vision, or high resolution. Anyway you should first make clear where you will mount those cameras? Then make good choice according people's suggestion...

Good luck!