slowforthecones

Bosch AutoDome Questions (Envirodome)

I took down a Bosch EnviroDome housing that was a pole/corner mount pendant arm. I unscrewed the four bolts holding it and the back box doesn't seem to disconnect. Is the arm and backbox one piece? any ideas?

Edited by Guest

This is a wall/corner mount version. I am trying to convert this to a ceiling mount version by purchasing the correct ceiling mount adapter that attaches to the top of the dome.

My questions still are, this is a envirodome autodome 300 model.

Is the bubble user replaceable? if so..how do i open it because the bubble has scuffs.

You probaly have a

VG4-3XX-XXXXX

A 300 series is Gen4 series autodome.

The in ceiling and outdoor models are completely different.

Here are the parts you need:

Interface Box VG4-S-BIM

In-ceiling Housing (COMMS and CPU modules installed) F01U010500

LTC 9349MK - needed for in-ceiling mounting in a drop/suspended ceiling tile

The bubble dome is replaceable. It twist off, locked in by 4 tabs. Definitely a two hand job.

Clear Bubble with white trim ring PART # VG4-SBUB-CCL

Tinted Bubble with white trim ring PART # VG4-SBUB-CTI

Depending on how new it is, check with where you bought it, maybe they can help you out.

biphase,

thanks for your answer. I acquired this dome thru as trade-in credit from a customer for a new spectra4. The dome doesn't have a model # label anywhere, it's a corner mount unit with the bracket and power supply/back box. I took the dome off the backbox+corner mount. I powered it up with a 18/2 and bnc to the monitor. It shows a manufacture date of 2005 with 26x somewhere on the screen..that's what lead me to believe it's a autodome 300 envirodome.

I plan to mount this dome outside using a ceiling mount bracket from bosch. I looked at bosch's catalog, it appears they have a outdoor ceiling mount option for this envirodome.

Do you have any service manuals or PDFs instructions on removing the bubble dome cover. how do i twist it off, is there a pry/trim wedge tool i use?

thanks again for your reply and insight.