plaga

wireless system help?

I got a costumer that have a Hotel in construction and want to put cameras in the construction so the people can see the development of the construction live on there website.

This the first time im doing something with wireless because the distances and the facilities cant be with cable and maybe i have to move the cameras later on because on the construction.

My question is what kind of equipment i need so they can see it remotly on there website. But i want pro cameras and wetherproof no the cheap little cameras you ussually found . Will apreciated youre coments...

Hi Plaga,

There is always more than one solution, but I'll respond with a Mobotix solution because I know it best.

Pick an appropriate Mobotix IP camera, perhaps something like the D12 dome which can cover up to 180 degrees and up to 3 megapixels. The camera is weatherproof (up to -30c) and you can configure storage on camera - no need for a separate recorder. Just add power.

Add wireless/network connectivity to the camera. The D12 mount has extra room in it for stuff like this. A wireless solution could be a local/private WiFi network or could be "online" access using a cellular network - it depends on what's available on site. Network outages are tolerable with Mobotix cameras because storage/logic is on camera.

Configure the Mobotix camera to transfer (via FTP) an image at regular intervals to the webserver - could be once a day or every minute. The webserver could show thumbnails of a series of images (daily progress as a timelapsed slideshow?) or show the most recent - whichever your client would like. Your client could also access the camera directly, without the need to transfer images to the webserver.

I hope this gives you some ideas.

i'd also recommend mobotix

here is a picture (tried to upload must be 2 large or at my limit) of the m12 with avalan 5.8ghz radios sending the video 1000' line of sight back to the main building from a remote parking lot pole. we had to use a battery and charger that is recharged at night when the lights are on so that during the day the camera remains on using the battery to power it.. the cameras run on just 3w of power so its ideal for these type of solutions... the ftp with snapshot recording would be the way to go like mya has said