martinc

Axis Click-in-Image function

I am looking for a video server that has the "Click-in-Image" function found on the Axis standalone servers. Does anyone here know of another vendor that provides the same functionality?

Martin

I am looking for a standalone video server minus the camera. A unit with capabilities similar to the Axis 241 series.

Thanks in advance

Sorry that I misunderstood your post. No - I don't know of a Manufacturer that is doing that at the video server level. Many software companies are adding this functionality into their software though. If you are just streaming this to a web page you could embed some code to click-in-image/PTZ, as well - if you know and understand programming and the particular PTZ protocols of the video server you are utilizing.

I can't think of a another video server (off the top of my head) that does what you are specifying off-the-shelf. My understanding of the Axis PTZ protocols in their video servers is that you can upload particular PTZ protocols that you want to use and then the click-in-image might be supported - I did not know that this was default?!?!

http://www.axis.com/techsup/cam_servers/ptz/drivers.php

The feature allows to you move the PTZ camera by clicking an area on the image where you want the camera to center on. This is faster and more precise than clicking on a button or slider bar.

Sorry that I misunderstood your post. No - I don't know of a Manufacturer that is doing that at the video server level. Many software companies are adding this functionality into their software though. If you are just streaming this to a web page you could embed some code to click-in-image/PTZ, as well - if you know and understand programming and the particular PTZ protocols of the video server you are utilizing.

I can't think of a another video server (off the top of my head) that does what you are specifying off-the-shelf. My understanding of the Axis PTZ protocols in their video servers is that you can upload particular PTZ protocols that you want to use and then the click-in-image might be supported - I did not know that this was default?!?!

http://www.axis.com/techsup/cam_servers/ptz/drivers.php

Sorry I wasn't clear in my original post. I am aware of the drivers supplied by Axis for particular PTZ cameras. I was just looking for a competitive unit from another vendor that would have the same features, but with a smaller price tag. Looks like my only choice is Axis.

Thanks

I think Multivision(HK) has implemented this idea in a very good way:

http://www.multivisionusa.com/demon-dual.html

What's wrong with axis if I may ask?

If it's the price, than this one is pc-based and isn't cheaper.

You are right it is the price. The customer wants an affordable video server to view/control 5 PTZ cameras. I have tried the Vivotek/4xem standalone servers. This solution works, but you have to repeatdly click the onscreen directional buttons to move the camera into place. Presets help, but the only real solution is the "click-to-image" function found on the Axis units.

I looked at the demo, better than clicking away, but the customer would still prefer "click-to-image" function.

Thanks

have you taken a look at:

http://www.acti.com/index.asp

I had already looked at their line of equipment. Video server looks impressive, but does it have the specific feature "click-in-image" I am looking for? I couldn't tell reading the online manuals. Which distributor sells the product or is it just direct sales?

Take a look at the JVC VRN-100U. This is what you want to use. It has the click in image. Zoom on play back and many other functions.

What Axis server series are you looking at? The 2400/2401 series or the 241Q/S?

You can get good deals on the 2400/2401 and still have the "in-picture-click". But the 241Q/S has MPEG-4 now and it is pretty cool, but the 241Q's are about 1,050 and the 241S's are about 750, so you pay for it.

No - the ACTi do not support click-in-image, yet. I would propose that to their guys (support email) and they will probably add it in their next iteration. Impressive D-1 resolution video servers and phenomenal price points (comparably).