streethacker

Help need advice on what to get

Im looking into 4 megapixel cams I like the arecont 5MP cam.But they will need to look good at night..Now with that i need a recording device that is capable of doing AT MINIMUM 7FPS at full resolution H.264 Compression, Motion Detection..Hard Drive size is not a issue i have about 5TBS laying around and can get more cheap....I would like it to be a standalone Box not a computer..any suggestions on the route i should take...Im a noobie at this stuff so please go easy

Thanks that is a nice shot..But that is a still shot how do moveing objects look at night? I hear they look "ghostly" due to the CMOS.. Also what device should I look into as far as recording? THanks!

Thanks that is a nice shot..But that is a still shot how do moveing objects look at night? I hear they look "ghostly" due to the CMOS.. Also what device should I look into as far as recording? THanks!

I am assuming you are talking about motion blur and it all depends on your exposure settings and how much IR or white light you have or are willing to add. My customer is very happy with the image from that camera with the current light conditions. If you need a turn key solution I can recommend the ExacqVision Desktop IP Server for a small setup. Please check your PM

Im looking into 4 megapixel cams I like the arecont 5MP cam.But they will need to look good at night..Now with that i need a recording device that is capable of doing AT MINIMUM 7FPS at full resolution H.264 Compression, Motion Detection..Hard Drive size is not a issue i have about 5TBS laying around and can get more cheap....I would like it to be a standalone Box not a computer..any suggestions on the route i should take...Im a noobie at this stuff so please go easy

IndogoVision will have their 720p and 1080p HD cameras doing 25ips in November. These are true day night units.

The bandwidth will be 1/2 that of most opposition as with all things Indigo

Check out the IQEye cameras, especially the Sentinel series. These have great night vision. All ready to go with integrated housing.

They have a 3 and 5 MP version. Not cheap but an excellent camera.