joe9090

Avermedia Eb1304 net

Hi,this is my first post on site.

Not sure if i'm in correct location

In my house i have above dvr with 3 cameras connected to it.

Everything works fine,can access through man LAN and tvs.

Shortly going on hols, so hoping to access dvr remotley. But,i starting to tear my hair out!

My router is a Netgear DGN2000.

This is what i done so far.....

On DVR,

set to static ip using port 1304 under network setup

Router-under services set up new service with port 1304.

Under firewall rules-selected new service i set up and send to lan server set to ip address of DVR.

Tried entering ip address with port on end with no luck.That is typing in address into address bar on pc at home. Should i connect this way???

Please help.

I have not got a clue regarding ddns,dns etc.

Do i need to something else??

My internet provider is Tiscali

Regards

Steve

Steve,

Its not that hard here is a guide http://support.apexcctv.com/Downloads/Standalones/Avermedia/EB1304Net/NetworkingGuide_1304Net.pdf

Here's a post on it with some screen shots I did http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=13101&highlight=

First thing though you need to go to http://www.dyndns.com/ and create yourself an account for the dynamic forwarding.

BTW, dont use port 1304, use port 80

Glen

hi you need to set your ports on the dvr to 5550 or you cant view on mobile smartphone

Hi,this is my first post on site.

Not sure if i'm in correct location

In my house i have above dvr with 3 cameras connected to it.

Everything works fine,can access through man LAN and tvs.

Shortly going on hols, so hoping to access dvr remotley. But,i starting to tear my hair out!

My router is a Netgear DGN2000.

This is what i done so far.....

On DVR,

set to static ip using port 1304 under network setup

Router-under services set up new service with port 1304.

Under firewall rules-selected new service i set up and send to lan server set to ip address of DVR.

Tried entering ip address with port on end with no luck.That is typing in address into address bar on pc at home. Should i connect this way???

Please help.

I have not got a clue regarding ddns,dns etc.

Do i need to something else??

My internet provider is Tiscali

Regards

Steve

Thanks for reply dopalgangr

I followed instructions from the link that you posted.

Done everything,only trouble is my ip address has changed since last week.

Can you explain about this and what i need to do. This is a big learning curve on this subject for me....

Hi, ive registered my system with avers. Tried entering address at home,nothing happens.

Will this only work outside my lan. Is there anything else i need to do?

Also previosly set up no ip account as well. Same as above,does not work in house.

Hi, ive registered my system with avers. Tried entering address at home,nothing happens.

Will this only work outside my lan. Is there anything else i need to do?

Also previosly set up no ip account as well. Same as above,does not work in house.

At your house and inside your lan on your network you can not access the DVR using your URL that you created on DYNDNS or No-IP. You access it via the static IP address that you assigned to the DVR by placing just that IP address in the address bar. You are not routing via a domain name here, you are going directly to the DVR via your router. Off your lan or outside of your house you access the DVR via the web address that you created. However, that incoming traffic from outside of your lan needs to be forwarded by your router to the DVR. This is where the port forwarding part comes in and you have to set this up in your router.

Like I offered in my PM to you that I never heard back from, I would be willing to talk you through over the phone on how to set it up if you still cant fingure it out.