saurabhvasa

Few query !!!

Greetings to all,

I am going to install 54 cameras in one local site. I will use 32 - 32 channel DVR. Need few suggestions.

1) Has anyone install PC based 16x2 cards in one desktop PC? Howz the performance? Any perticular things which to take care of ?

2) How will i do central monitoring for all the 54 cameras in one monitor ? Any software? or any hardware ? Where can i get that? Approx. Charges ?

Anticipating your early reply.

Thanks & Warm Regards

Saurabh.

Hi,

Please make sure to meet the minimum system specs when building a PC with 2 GV DVR cards in it as specified in the data sheets located on our website: www.geovision.com.tw

You can learn more about our Central Monitoring Software at:

http://www.geovision.com.tw/english/3_1.asp?stable1=Pro&sfiled=pgid&pno=34

It gives you the ability to link multiple DVRs together and can display up to 64 cameras on a screen at once (96 with widescreen). I would recommend for you to contact your authorized GeoVision distributor for pricing information, but feel free to contact me if you would like assistance locating one.

Thanks!

Thanks for your reply. I want to view it locally not remotely, then too i will have to purchase a control center software? Any free solution for that ?

- Saurabh

Hi,

You could try using the digital matrix software and add additional monitors to view more cameras if your video card allows for it - the software is included in v8.3+.

I believe your best bet would be to link the DVRs together through the CMS software if you want them to all show up on one screen.

watch for frame rate decrease when you have 2 16ch boards in one dvr - the ability of the drives to keep up with all those feeds has to be investigated

good luck

Thank you so much for your replies.

One more Q. What is centerv2 in the software CD? I read in manual, it says it will link two different IP's DVR into one. So, is this the same thing like CMS.?

- Saurabh

Thank you so much for your replies.

One more Q. What is centerv2 in the software CD? I read in manual, it says it will link two different IP's DVR into one. So, is this the same thing like CMS.?

- Saurabh

Hi Saurabh,

We have a few different kinds of software within our CMS category. The CenterV2 software is a basic one which links multiple DVRs together to allow you to view the cameras from them on to one screen and also review archived video from them.

Control Center is the upgraded version which allows you complete remote control over the DVR so if you need to adjust settings, take a file off of the PC, etc., you have the option to do so. Control Center allows for an unlimited number of connections.

You can definitely learn more at our website on CMS -

http://www.geovision.com.tw/english/3_1.asp?stable1=Pro&sfiled=pgid&pno=34