letssled

I caught the thieves on camera need a profile picture

I think your best bet with what you have there is to print it out post them in your neighborhood.I know they aren't good and clear,but it the thieves themselves set it,they will know that more people will be looking for people or anything out of the ordinary..If you can afford it,maybe upgrade one or two of your cameras.

Hello Blake, I will include my specs for the current 3 cameras, I am really intersted in a sugesstion as we are looking to buy some more to "fill in the holes". I live in Canada, so I need a weatheproof camera. I have a wired system with CAD5E wires as well as coax. Also, I would like to keep them on the small side so they are not to noticable(I want to catch them).

Color 1/4" Sharp, 420 TV Lines 3.6 mm lens,

weatherproof

3.1 Megapixel, 2048 x 1536, Colour, Day-Night, ½â€

I am curious though, how do you adjust or change the compression ratios? Is this the frame rate?

Try setting BitRate from variable to constant.

I am curious though, how do you adjust or change the compression ratios? Is this the frame rate?

Try setting BitRate from variable to constant.

I looked for anything resembling a "bitrate setting" but found none, I did set the quality setting to "highest". Is the bitrate setting in Windows or would it be in with the program that came with the system?

Thanks,

If quality is set to highest then that will be equivalent to the highest bit-rate, so no change required.

Is the image quality of those files exactly the same as you saw on screen when originally viewed on the DVR playback of the recorded footage?

If quality is set to highest then that will be equivalent to the highest bit-rate, so no change required.

Is the image quality of those files exactly the same as you saw on screen when originally viewed on the DVR playback of the recorded footage?

to be honest I can't remember, I think it was a little worse, but the quality was set to mid(it is now set to highest). I have spent a lot of time adusting the contrast and such, I though the cameras were adjusted, but everything is on factory defaults. The picture is better now, but not great(might be camera limitation). I have adusted the contrast so the lettering is almost white like you mentined and now I am strugling to adjust the "hue" and 2 other parameters which slipped my mind at this time. Do you know of a "adjusting secruity camera settings for dummies" reference? I really need to read it apparently.

letssled

the resolution is so bad that is useless in court.... the perp has to be easily identified..even then a good attorney can argue the alleged was not present nor were they caught by the police shortly or in the course of the burglary. You'd have to have really good video footage of the actual break-in, their get away in a car tracked to them. That'd seal it pretty good.