toughman

Video server questions?

Hi,

I have my surveillance setup with internet connection and I can remotely monitor with client software. However, I can't browse the security system with IE. I have been installed more than 10 systems (different configurations and/or OS versions) and only two of them have this problem.

It is WinXP SP2. The system uses port 80 and 9095.

Can anyone please tell me where could be the cause of problem?

TIA

Roger

Hey toughman

What is your ISP? Some ISPs block port 80,4550, and 5550 (the ports that geo mpeg server runs on by default)

You may want to try and change the geo mpeg server to run on port 81, 4551, and 5551. This is done when you enable webcam server, and click on server setup tab.

2 toughman - describe the problem in more details

what DVR software ?

what hardware ? OS'es on both ends ? routers ? other devices ?

what error do u get in explorer ? have you properly configured firewall ?

have you configured the webserver ?or does it happends automatically during installation ?

To rory:

Yes, the broswer works with others.

To sal:

Both are SBC with dynamic IP.

To COm4:

This DVR is provided from my supplier from Asia. My brother has been using this supplier for more than 4 years in Taiwan a very stable DVR card.

Both sides are P4 winXP SP2. The router is provided by SBC.

Basically, the browser can't access to the server. I tried to disable the firewall and didn't solve the problem. I only needed to set the port number for the server to work.

Like I mention on my first post; I don't have problem with the client software installed on the remote PC. In addition, I used ComView to monitor the port packet activities and found out the client software didn't use port 80 only 9095.

It looked like the port 80 was blocked from somewhere.

Thank very much for your replies!

Roger

it seems like 80 port blocked by sp2 firewall or router or ISP @ server's side

u can try to connect to server from itself via loopback - 127.0.0.1 if connection fails the problem is in server, if connection is ok connect from server to server using it's external IP

P.S. i've got no slightest idea what SBC might be

With SBC look at the modem. If it's a westell, call them up and have them give you the username/password to put it into bridged ethernet mode.