kidsusuki

Question China verses USA on CCTV Equipments

Hello, Can I get some feed back from professional or those who know the industry. If you are not the 2 above I don't mind your imput but please state your own opinion. Are CCTV from china better quality then those bought in the USA? Hows the industry work are all products bought in china then brought here and name changed? Thanks

vin2install:

Do you really think all CCTV equipment production already moved to China?

Personally I haven't check all cameras I have seen, but you are right most have "Made In China", "Maid in Taiwan" or something like this.

Probably Mobotix cameras are still from Germany.

It scares me a little.

I hope it still should be some CCTV production in US and Europe.

Production in USA is too expensive and with competition all around then there is really no point since the quality is pretty much the same. The CCD chips are basically manufactured overseas anyways so it all comes down to assembling the camera. And assembling the camera in China or US there is not much difference.

That's kind of funny. The replys I was getting were saying the China stuff was junk.

See CCTV Digital vs Analong post.

RR

The replys I was getting were saying the China stuff was junk.

Yes, but if you have AXIS (or other famous brand) made in China the quality is different .

Actually, there is no big difference in the production skills or technology between USA and China. Some USA companies had their products produced in China to reduce the production cost.

In terms of quality AND performance, best to lowest:

Japan

S.Korea

Taiwan

China

USA and Canada do make some of their own products as do some companies in Europe (eg. Extreme CCTV), ofcourse many of their components come from another country though. Big brands have manufacturers plants in many countries now.

I find Taiwan makes beter cameras and Korea makes better DVRs. As far as China goes, they can have major brand name quality or complete crap. It all depends on the quality control (QC) of the American/EU importer/distibutor. Even many products from Taiwan and Korea are built in China, but the QC is another company who makes sure production runs smooth and impliments more quality testing so they slap on a "Made in Tawian" sticker. The more serious an American distributor is about QC, the more the product usually costs, but the more likely it is to last.

A distributor in the US can send out product manager to Asia to make sure they are not getting a junk batch of cameras. So even if its an OEM camera that you will see sold from 30 different companies who all call it a different name, that same product can perform less than one just like it, only because the other distributor has better QC

In terms of quality AND performance, best to lowest:

Japan

S.Korea

Taiwan

China

USA and Canada do make some of their own products as do some companies in Europe (eg. Extreme CCTV), ofcourse many of their components come from another country though. Big brands have manufacturers plants in many countries now.

It is very interesting subject as I am a supplier. as the above says i agree with best to lowest.

I think on view of economical aspect.

Japan for CCD,

S.Korea for DSP and Software

Taiwan for less expensive labor cost

Chinese always price competition first.

Now, DSP and software become important. as every analogue Camera has same CCD(Sony) and lens quality difference is not big. quality depends on much DSP.

Some Axis products are made in Sweden.

Blaser Made in Germany

Moboitix made in Germany

Arecont made in USA

Exacq made in USA

If I could I would sell Arecont and Exacq for every job and Mobotix

Actually, there is no big difference in the production skills or technology between USA and China. Some USA companies had their products produced in China to reduce the production cost.

i agree with you 100% as manufacturing process is not complicated much furthermore, all components become module(unit) just assembling only.

i agree with you 100% as manufacturing process is not complicated much furthermore, all components become module(unit) just assembling only.

I agree 100% too.

Hi,

According to me it is like manufacturing processes are basically done in china and most of the places near to it as, guangdong is a place in china where you will find manufacturing of Surveillance and rear view camera systems.

I have found this place through my survey and come to know about this as germany is also a place where you will get some good manufacturing companies for security cameras.

Thanks!

Personally, I don't think that where it's manufactured is as important as who manufacturer's it. If whoever your purchasing the equipment from doesn't make you call somebody else to address issues and backs up their manufacturer's warranties with their own policies you're in better shape than most places.

I always reccomend doing a trial run with a "fake" issue with anybody's tech support just to see the hoopes you'd be required to jump through should something go wrong with your equipment.

But as others have pointed out, the actual location your gear is manufactured isn't going to determine whether or not it's quality. And face it, this is electronics we're talking about. Everything has the potential for failure. Call me a cynic, but in this industry it's always best to prepare for the worst.

Personally, I don't think that where it's manufactured is as important as who manufacturer's it. If whoever your purchasing the equipment from doesn't make you call somebody else to address issues and backs up their manufacturer's warranties with their own policies you're in better shape than most places.

I always reccomend doing a trial run with a "fake" issue with anybody's tech support just to see the hoopes you'd be required to jump through should something go wrong with your equipment.

But as others have pointed out, the actual location your gear is manufactured isn't going to determine whether or not it's quality. And face it, this is electronics we're talking about. Everything has the potential for failure. Call me a cynic, but in this industry it's always best to prepare for the worst.

You are absolutely right at your point as all it needs is the quality as, we dont know where it gets manufactured but if it is working properly and providing us good services then there are no issues as there are maximum brands that are panasonic and sony that are having their manufacturers in china.

It is totally depends on the brand that we want and prefer the most.

Thanks!