hansolo

Geovision and Allegiant Biphase

Hi!

A customer of mine have one old mux with 9 Philips G3 Autodome, and one week ago he bought a GV1480 with a GV-NET (232 to 485 converter).

The problem is that he wants to move the domes with the DVR and I don´t know if I can to do that with the Bosch protocol listed in the DVR (Bosch TC700/8560). I was trying all the day and I can get it.

Do you know if I have to connect the shield of the daisy chain wiring to the DVR? (I can´t imagine where).

Do you know if the old G3 autodomes have another protocol than the Bi-phase?

Thanks to all!

PS: sorry for my English.

I used a couple of protocol converters when I had a similar problem. I cannot rememeber the name now but they can convert just about any protocol to pelco P or something common. I used the converter on some BOSCH domes and they worked fine.

G3 domes....depends on the exact model # on what it supports.

Does it have 4 DIP or 8 DIP switches on the top ? Some with the 8 DIPs support Pelco P..

RS-232 or Biphase generally.

You are limited with 232 - 50ft.

Look on DVR to see what it outputs...

Then take a look at the Bosch LTC 8782 converters. There is a list of protocols that can be converted to biphase.

You should be able to output pelco p or d at least?

If so, then there is a converter for you.

G3 domes....depends on the exact model # on what it supports.

Does it have 4 DIP or 8 DIP switches on the top ? Some with the 8 DIPs support Pelco P..

RS-232 or Biphase generally.

You are limited with 232 - 50ft.

Look on DVR to see what it outputs...

Then take a look at the Bosch LTC 8782 converters. There is a list of protocols that can be converted to biphase.

You should be able to output pelco p or d at least?

If so, then there is a converter for you.

Any idea what the dip switches mean?? I have an older G3 (LTC 0828/20) that has 8 switches and I cant find anything that shows what they mean. I am having trouble setting it up and getting it going.

8 DIPS are the older G3 domes.

You might want to check the firmware revision, what does it say when it boots up?

5.x?