Chris12

Slow images on PC with 9404 Card

Hello,

While surfing the web looking for an answer for the problem mentioned below, I came across this forum. And I found some interesting topics, unfortunatelly none of them could solve the problem I have with a PC setup using 4 camera's and a wave-p 9404 card.

Some explenation first:

I have 4 camera's:

Those camera's are attached via UTP (8xbalun) to the 9404 card.

The PC has the following spec's:

- Pentium4 1,7GHz

- 640 MB RAM

- 320 GB discspace

- videocard: NVIDA Gforce G2200

- OS winXP SP3 all updates, no other software.

- settings for visual styles in XP: no visual styles

I installed the Harmony CCTV server software/drivers so the camera's are no longer recognized as wave-p but as "SAA7130 video capture card" camera's.

In this way I can use WebcamXP to setup the camera system.

The setup of the camera's in WebcamXP is all fine, they are working very good also the nightvision is good.

I'm using Webcam XP in "surveilance mode" (all camera's on screen)

The problem: When there is movement on 2 camera's at the same time, sometimes the video-stream is not real-time but very slow, like image-for-image (stuttering)... on some of the four camera's it is working fine, on the others it is not. The CPU of the PC is then 100%.

The 9404 card can handle 100fps PAL, 120 fps NTFS... if I should believe the specs.

Could this problem be with the CPU or the videocard, or not enough RAM?

Or the cheap DVDR card (which one is recommended?)

Or is this not possible with WebcamXP (4 camera's at once recording movements?)

Im planning to use an other PC for the camera setup, but I don't know if that PC is 'good' enough:

- Pentium4 1.8GHz

- 1 GB RAM

- NVida Geforce 2MX card (GPU: ASUS V7100pro, 32MB)

Should I buy a new/faster Pentium quad-core, 4GB ram PC, 3TB disc (RAID) ?

An othe question: when recording on all 4 camera's at once, how many data is collected in 24H/week/month/year?

Has anybody some experience with similar camera setup/problems? Feel free to give an answer!

Why do you change the Ether 9404 software ? And yes the card has 100/120 FPS It really does have them. I have not seen this problem before and I have installed a lot of them.. TBH think you have to try the normal software for this card first before going to upgrade your PC.

I changed the drivers for the card, because otherwise I coudn't find the card in webcamXP.

Are there 'good' wave-p drivers arround which actually let you add the camera's to webcamXP?

I use the webcamXP software, because it's a lot more stable than the wave-p DVDR program that came on cd with the 9404 card, that program freezes and gives BSOD, and restarts the PC when just configuring it.

Meanwhile I'm a bit further in my investigation. I know have switched off the continuous DVDR recording option on all camera's.

And setup motion detection for all 4 camera's, but now I only have a bunch of jpg files...and not the video-stream when there's movement.

WebcamXp says it is recording and saving the avi file, but in the save directory nothing is saved./?!?!

Video is now recorded, I'm using an other version of WXP (older one)

Only when DVDR is ON, then there is high CPU load. When motion detection detect motion and record the stream (and after that compressed it), only a short CPU load of 60-70% is shown.

Could this a problem of the videocard ?

Yeah, I've sent them an email. And they replied very rapid.

But my second email with some more questions about recording alerts in a resolution greater then 320x240, is still un-answered for 5 days now.

I can't get WebcamXP to record in a greater format then 320x240 (the camera's are set to 720x576)

i see. maybe it is limited to 320x240. it is an entry level nvr software. i will ask him myself and see what he says.

if you are using some good hardware compression board, on that board, one single chip would deal with maybe 2 channels video..the would use motorola,philipps or TI microprocessor chips...which would increast the cost of the board.

i have used some boards which can do 8 channels simultaneous monitoring and all the videos look just fine. never had such problem.