bpzle

Before and after IP upgrade pics?

I'd like to see real (not from manufacturer's website) before and after stills or video from an analog to IP or IP megapixel camera upgrade. It would be nice to have the same similar angles and position. Having real life examples would really seal the deal for some clients on the fence about upgrading and shelling out all the extra cash for IP. Be sure to list camera and lens make/ model. Thanks!

A good online example would be the twin cameras at the USGS Johnston Ridge Observatory at Mt. St. Helens. They upgraded their NTSC analog camera to a StarDot megapixel IP camera but left their analog camera in place.

Either do a Google search for "Mount St. Helens VolcanoCams" or go to their VolcanoCam website at: http://www.fs.fed.us/gpnf/volcanocams/msh/

The only catch is that you have to wait for a clear day here in the Northwest Have no fear, the weather is suppose to get clear and hot in the next few days.

Vivotek 6111 ( D1 resolution IP camera)

117420_1.jpg

Acti 7411 (1.3 megapixel IP camera)

117420_2.jpg

Funny you bring this up because we are going to setup a demo using Exacq software and different cameras so we can easily show the value of megapixel cameras. The best part if this is the 2 cameras are the same price. Acti has a better image the Vivotek has more features.

Edited by Guest

Actually, I have a location with both 1.3MP and analog cameras running from about the same position...

The MACE analog minidome in a liquor store:

105505_1.jpg

And the IQ511 1.3MP mounted a few inches above it (you can see the MACE dome in the view):

105505_2.jpg

(Note: The MP cam is a little soft because at the time I installed it, they wanted a wider view than the 3.5-10mm lens I brought with it, and all I had on-hand was an old non-MP 2.8mm lens... it looks much better today with a proper 2.8mm on it).

Not really the same FOV, but thats the great thing about upgrading to megapixel. Greater FOV, better res and colour.

FUEL DEPOT

Panasonic SDIII Over 1 Bay

105525_1.jpg

Avigilon 5 Megapixel Over 2 Bays

105525_2.jpg

It seems that the theft of the tulips would be my main concern here!!!

Vivotek 6111 ( D1 resolution IP camera)

117420_1.jpg

Acti 7411 (1.3 megapixel IP camera)

117420_2.jpg

Funny you bring this up because we are going to setup a demo using Exacq software and different cameras so we can easily show the value of megapixel cameras. The best part if this is the 2 cameras are the same price. Acti has a better image the Vivotek has more features.

At least they left a replacement door mat for the one that they took!

Did someone steal a screen storm door, and leave a glass one in its place?

i love avigilon but that shot looked a little out of focus, am i wrong?

No, your not wrong, I was . Only had a 1/3" 5-50mm Tamron Lens to use for that test install. Has since been change to the 1/2" 9-20mm Kowa. Dont have any footage with the new lens, but it is sweet now.

Rule #1: Match the lens to the sensor.