FranciscoNET

QX2006 8CH DVR Card, small inconvenience

Hi,

I have purchased alot of these QX2006 8CH DVR Cards from Ebay about 1 year ago. Now, the problem is that, even tho its a great card, has a very nice motion detection sensors that works really well with about 1% or less of false positives per day and a great remote viewing app, it has a display resolution of 640x480 per channel, BUT a recording resolutoin of 352x288 MAX per channel.

Now, the thing that I dont understand here is:

If this 9bit Phillips card itself can process and send 640x480 VGA videos to my computer's RAM for then to be processed by my CPU and then finally be sent to my display screen and the software is receiving these live feeds directly from my DVR card, then WHY can't the software also RECORD in that same quality? I have 3 D1 quality high resolution cameras in my house, BUT I am only recording at 352x288, thats insane! Who uses QVGA (320x240 ~ 252x288) now these days??? As a result, I am not getting the quality I am looking for, people's faces look kind of blurred, sometimes you MIGHT be able to get a positive identity, depending now far the person is from my cam. (I had to even put a 12MM (zoom) lens to cam#2 in my main outside camera pointing directly to my outdoor entrance main door fence just to increase the positive identification of anyone that passes at that point, in assitance to my other camera (#1) with a 90 degree lens covering the whole area of my garage and street view)

I have downloaded a couple of different drivers, such as:

Phillips SAA7134 (supposely it is compatible with most of the phillips based DVR cards and turners out there)

I installed it and the driver starts up the device successfully, but then when I download a simple application such as AMCAP to see if the video feeds can be seen by that app, nothing shows, just a black screen even though AMCAP successfully identifies my "phillip" video device.

So far I have not been lucky in getting a third party "generic" software in working with my DVR card. I need a software that can record in VGA mode to take full advantage of my DVR card and, or course the high resolution capabilities of my cameras.

Here is a bit of information regarding what came with my "QX2006" DVR card:

the driver file is: QX2006.SYS

the information file is: QX2006.inf" these are the two files I need to install the driver for each channel.

The main executable of the DVR software is: QX2006.EXE

The software does have quality controls settings, such as

High

Medium

Low

I have set it to High, compression bit rate I set it to the highest one I find.

For this crappy software, High settings means 352x288 and low means something like 160x120

I have struggled in also finding other DVR cards in many sites, also in ebay that records in 640x480 VGA resolution, but so far I have not been pleased with the results, the price is so prohibitive (higher than $800 for 4 CH). While the cards that I have I paid $99 for them.

Can any 1 help me find a good compatible software so I can take full advantage of my VGA card so I can RECORD IN VGA? (not just display?)

Thanks!

I have a somewhat similar card , a 4 chip 4 channel card that I got from geeks dot com. It too came with a rather badly hacked version of QX2006 that I didn't care for. I stumbled upon this completely by accident: I was looking at reviews from purchases made from Amazon. A guy bought a Sabrent card and commented that he has software and upgrades available from wave-p . I went to the link http://www.wave-p.com/en/sales.htm and they have downloads available there with phillips drivers and their WAPA software. The file that worked for my card was 9808+1408_en_V8.2.zip. They have other versions available. Your mileage may vary. Also--it records in 640x480

I have a somewhat similar card , a 4 chip 4 channel card that I got from geeks dot com. It too came with a rather badly hacked version of QX2006 that I didn't care for. I stumbled upon this completely by accident: I was looking at reviews from purchases made from Amazon. A guy bought a Sabrent card and commented that he has software and upgrades available from wave-p . I went to the wave-p link and they have downloads available there with phillips drivers and their WAPA software. The file that worked for my card was 9808+1408_en_V8.2.zip. They have other versions available. Your mileage may vary. Also--it records in 640x480

Thanks for your suggestion. I did what you said, I downloaded the file 9808+1408_en_V8.2.zip off wave-p's download site.

I installed the drivers, the drivers got installed fine and the device started successfully. When I ran the DVR.exe program that came with the installer, the program starts fine (was able to detect the driver loaded), but I get no video. All 8 channels says "No Video" despite that there IS video.

Is there any other drivers I could try. I think I might be getting closer. Howere, this was the same result I was getting with the Philips SAAxxxx generic drivers as well = no picture.

Sinec I was not yet able to get DVR.exe to fully work with the drivers that was supplied with wave-p, I did the following.

I browsed through the QX2006 sub directories and I noticed a folder called SysConfig and I opened the file ProFile.ext under notepad, this is what came up:

[8 Chn Options]

Quality_0=4

Quality_1=5

Quality_2=6

BitRate_0=800

BitRate_1=450

BitRate_2=320

FrameRate_0=13

FrameRate_1=18

FrameRate_2=22

Width_0=352

Height_0=288

Width_1=352

Height_1=288

Width_2=352

Height_2=288

NQuality_0=5

NQuality_1=6

NQuality_2=7

I manually updated all instances of 352 to 640 and all instances of 288 to 480 and I saved the file. then I started the QX2006.exe program again and I got a blue screen of death complaining something about the driver QX2006.sys that came up in the first line. I restarted the PC, QX2006.exe started up automatically, loaded my modified ProFile.ext file and the cameras came up just for a split second and then I got the same Blue Screen of Death. I had to restart the computer in safe mode to preven the program from starting up automatically and I had to revert back the values to 352x288 on the file ProFile.ext, save it and restart the computer to get the program working back in normal order.

If I can, just some how, get QX2006.exe to record in 640x480 I will be fine as that is the ONLY complain I have with that program, besides that, its a very stable program that never freezes with a great amount of weeks of uptime duration (the DVR server has been up for about 8 weeks without a restart needed and the software works perpetually fine, just the 352x288 recording resolution is bugging me.

Thanks

I have a somewhat similar card , a 4 chip 4 channel card that I got from geeks dot com. It too came with a rather badly hacked version of QX2006 that I didn't care for. I stumbled upon this completely by accident: I was looking at reviews from purchases made from Amazon. A guy bought a Sabrent card and commented that he has software and upgrades available from wave-p . I went to the wave-p link and they have downloads available there with phillips drivers and their WAPA software. The file that worked for my card was 9808+1408_en_V8.2.zip. They have other versions available. Your mileage may vary. Also--it records in 640x480

Thanks for your suggestion. I did what you said, I downloaded the file 9808+1408_en_V8.2.zip off wave-p's download site.

I installed the drivers, the drivers got installed fine and the device started successfully. When I ran the DVR.exe program that came with the installer, the program starts fine (was able to detect the driver loaded), but I get no video. All 8 channels says "No Video" despite that there IS video.

Is there any other drivers I could try. I think I might be getting closer. Howere, this was the same result I was getting with the Philips SAAxxxx generic drivers as well = no picture.

I had the same thing occur when I first installed.. try this...Go to the Toobox icon (the wrench & screwdriver icon towards the bottom right). In the Video tab try the different options for SHOW MODE section of Direct Draw (ACC) Direct Draw(gen) and Direct 3D. With my system Direct Draw -ACC was just black screens, Direct Draw(gen) had NO VIDEO text displayed and Direct 3D was the winner.

Ok, the Wave P actual PCI(e) card is one of the cards that I am considering, but that is after I have completely given up on my current cards that I have here. My current cards are able to RECEIVE images at D1 resolution and display them on my screen at that resolution, its just the software that came with it that thinks that I should not be able to record higher than QVGA!

I am still battling with this issue, trying many tweaks, fighting with google . com to see if I can get a compatible driver, etc, etc... I have NOT given up yet

So far, I have made the following observation regarding the wave-p sotware. After I was able to get it to execute after installing the wave-p drivers to my existing cards (even though no images did show up on the DVR.exe software) I played a little with the options DVR.exe has to offer. One thing I discovered after I clicked on their playback option is that some how, any images that software is able to obtain is encoded into a proprietary video format ending with the following file extension: *.dvr that can ONLY be played through their proprietary video player. I also did an observation that the videos can be "converted" to a standalone *.exe file for easier portability (I guess for evidence analyzers using Macintosh computers, they can forget about being able to playback wave-p recorded videos since *.exe can only run on windows compatible PC's), aside from that, on my current (QX2006.exe) software, even though it has a maximum recording resolution of 352x288 pixels, it records in an open industry standard video format of MPEG that can easily be dumped into NERO VISION to create custom DVD's that can be playable on standalone DVD players (many police officers have found that to be highly convenient and confortable for them, specially since most police offices aren't computer experts.

I have done many installations locally within my friend's stores and houses using this same exact cards, and when anything happens that images needed to be send to police officers, I remotely assist them in creating their own DVD compilations using Nero Vision 7.xx a very good DVD Mastering software, all then what they have to do is furnish the DVD Video to the police, they can play them back with their stand alone DVD players on their regular TV and from there (they can also take the DVD video and put it in their (PC's or Macs) for the purpose of taking a PRINT SCREEN capture of any frame for the purpose of printing, web, etc....

All that, that I have just explained seems that can't be done with wave-p's DVR.exe software since everything is proprietary. A local CCTV seller here within my neighborhood spoke against proprietary video formats to me saying "when it comes down to furnishing evidences to polices offiers, its a problem", (unless they got the time for me to "train" them in how to do special "highly advanced" tricks with the resulting *.DVR or *.EXE video files these programs seems to be outputting (they could always use a program called Camstasia or other to do a screen shot video recording as the video is being played back from the *.EXE or *.DVR files through the proprietary program, but do you honestly see your regular police officers capable of doing something advanced like that? I am also a system's engineer, I have repared computer systems from many police offices, and all of them seems to have trouble even sending emails, let alone expect them to maneuver them selves through these proprietary video format.

Is there any reason why most DVR's softwares records only on painful proprietary problem causing video formats?

I guess that with wave p. I would be trading my convenience of being able to master my own DVD's with my favorite DVD mastering software with the capability of being able to record in VGA format.

I guess for now I have the following option:

Continue using my QX2006.exe software, recording everything in MPEG format, in 352x288 pixels, being able to burn my OWN easy viewable with fancy menus DVD's

**OR**

Purchase a wave-v card, being able to record in D1 resolution (720x480), everything gets recorded in a *.DVR file for which I would have the honorable option of converting these *.DVR videos to stand alone *.exe for other Windows users being able to see, and forget about stand alone DVD discs as NERO doesn't recognize *.DVR files or stand alone *.EXE (executable) videos, I guess my DVD's mastering would be all over here.

Here is my current position:

I am willing to purchase a new DVR card (PCI or PCI Express) if I have to, for the benefit of being able to record in true D1 resolutions, BUT I want, what ever software comes with that other DVR card, to be able to have the option to record in an industry standard video format, so I can simplify the lifes of many people that depends on these types of regular video formats.

Is there such as card?? If so, please point me to them and I shall be a happy customer, if it is priced reasonably. (I will give higher priority to cards posted on Ebay since anything sold on Ebay is subject to a very high level of competition and can't be over priced without the risk of not being sold).

Thanks.

A really complex discussion going on.

I have a basic problem. I have qx2006 installed with a dvr card in my desktop at my store. I have 8 camera working and computer is connected to internet.

I want to broadcast the cameras live through internet. I have tried alot with this software but I could not view them.

If you can please guide me with step by step how can I view the cameras live over internet I would be grateful to you. If theres a guide or website kindly email me on hassanmurad@gmail.com

thanks in advance

sorry my friend, i;m new in this forum, but i need the software of the qx2006 i lost the CD whit the software for dvr card can you upload the software they you used for the dvr cam please!!!