Sign in to follow this  
HOBOcs

Unable to see image via Logmein or TV (via RCA connector)

I'm troubleshooting an issue where I am unable to see the camera images when connected to the Computer DVR via Logmein.

In addition, I'm unable to see the camera images on a TV directly connected to the RCA connector on the ATI Card.

We are using the TV to re-display (duplicate) the computer monitor image. Note: we can see what the computer shows but it shows the camera images as a blank or Black image.

We are using Viewgate software with a VG-24008ML card (8 cameras) on a WinXP Pro computer connected through a two routers. ATI Radeon graphics card with VGA out, S-Video and RCA output.

Note:

1) I can connect via logmein and access programs and the viewgate software and see the "Playback" images successfully - but not see the camera images.

2) I've been told that the issue may be related to Microsoft windows media - not allowing re-display

3) As stated above - TV shows whats on the computer successfully but shows camera images as blacked out.

4) I'm also have another computer (on same network) runing the GeoVision software. I can see everything via logmein and it is also connected to the TV (different channel) and displays correctly.

Other: Using the Viewgate remote access (Web - IP Address) I can see the images after I log in.

Any idea where the problem lies???

Any help direction appreciated

Ok, I have personally seen and reproduced your problem when I connected my laptop to my TV via S-Video out to playback a video presentation. I could see my desktop and everything, but the video didn't show up, instead, it showed up blank. I was able to resolve the issue by opening up a "dummy" video first using a different media player, for example, I would open up Video1.mpg utilizing Windows Media Player and then press pause (that video will show up on your computer, but not on any external monitors) then I will Minimize Windows Media Player but NOT close it (Very Important -- first video needs to stay active in memory, but PAUSED, minimized). THEN I would open up Video2.mpg (of the video that I was intending to open up) utilizing a different media software such as PowerDVD, Windows Media CLASSIC (from K Lite Codec Packs) or even VLC Media Player, and THEN that video will show up on both monitors.

In your situation, the fix may be completely the same as mines. First, you need to close your Viewgate software, THEN open up ANY video files that is laying around your computer and if you dont have one, then go and download any from the many freeware videos out there from the internet. Then open up that video using Windows Media Player, and pause it, then minimize it. Then go ahead, with both monitors active, open up your Viewgate software and the images shall appear on both monitors. Some video adapters comes with a feature on its drivers called "Clone Display" that by simply checking that box under Display Proterties > Advanced MAY get you the desired results. If your display adapter is an ATI or nVidia and you dont have the "Clone Display" features, you may want to check for a drivers update to see if the update do implement if, but if not of if you cant, the original solution shall be enough.

There is another solution you can implement, but that other one is not going to be free, it will require you to purchase a VGA to S-Video/AV converter. Its a device that will convert what ever is "seeing" from your VGA port to a signal your TV will understand. So, using this solution there will be no need to open up the initial "dummy" video file first, you TV will see 100% what you see in your PC's monitor.

Thanks for the reply - I will check this out.

I've also had the same suggestion from someone else, to purchase a VGA to TV Converter from "MicroJack" about $200 CDN

OK, LOGMEIN is a remote administration software similar to RealVNC that allows you to see your desktop remotely. Unfortunately, on some cards software that uses the OverLay format for the video display you are not going to see the images via your remote admin software. To be able to see the images the software needs to render the images via Direct X, DirectDraw, or Software Rendering. (I know that my software displays a Pink background color in place where the camers's image suppose to appear each time that I use my remote administration software to administer my DVR's but my customer do see all images normally and they also see their images normally remotely with my software-specific remote CLIENT application)

If you were able to see the images, dont expect to see every frames per second of all cameras via any remote administration software. And LogMeIn is one of the worst ones for this purpose as you are using a 3rd party server to establish a connection between your PC and the DVR Server (DVR Server <-> LogMeIn Central Server <-> Your Computer) As you have a middle man server connection that will slow down bandwidths. I would prefer to use Real VNC as you will be dealing directly with the DVR server it self and if the DVR happens to be under Verizon FIOS fast ISP and your PC happens to be on Fiber Optic ISP as well you will then take full advantage of all the Frames Per Seconds you can get (like 2 to 4 which is really good for a remote admin software)

Finally, there is nothing better than using your DVR's software's Remote Client viewing application as that will compress the images appropriately for remote viewing and you will be able to get most or all of all cam's Frames Per Second.

RealVNC will give you the fastest connection possible to your DVR server when ever you need to perform administrative duties, but it requires that you port forwards the appropriate ports that you designate on the router attached to the DVR beforehand you are able to use RealVNC.

It would be a good idea for one to install RealVNC and configure the program and customer's router each time that one does a DVR installation, what way the installer gets to save a lot of trips when the customer needs some kinds of favor, such as assistance with evidence DVD burnings, etc... for which you can manage all that remotely and fast.

Thanks for the education - makes sense to me. I'll play around this week.

FYI - The customer is making use of the Remote clainet app access software (IP - web) to the DVR server (yes a better alternative). People have been giving me diff opinions on the logmein. It is the overlay format

This all sounds extremely complicated. RHUB’s [mod edit -spam link removed. please contact management regarding advertising] remote access & support devices are simple to install & use.