rory

Access and Alarm

I have a client with 5 partitions on an Ademco Vista 50.

They have 3 door entries, they want a keypad entry control.

Is there anything else that can tie into the Vista 50 besides the Vista Key Prox system? They want code entry, not prox, or something that they dont have to carry and loose, no EyeScan either, do you think finger scan is cheap? It will be different keypads from the alarm, but im thinking of the programming side for codes, is there a way to integrate something so I can program the codes from the Compass Software? Or would it be just as easy to install a cheap keypad entry system, a seperate one for each door entrance? They wont have many users, maybe 3 or 4 tops .. or finger scan?

thanks

Rory

Rory,

Access Control and Burg are to totally different animals. Burg alarms in most cases people are required to have because of insurance purposes in there business. On the other hand access control is something people want. For your application I would have a completely different system. It gets tricky when you integrate a burg and access system together. Something happens to the burg panel you have access problems, and if something happens to the access panel, the burg system has problems. A simple 3 door system would be just fine. Find 1 you can use a keypad instead of a reader. I know Keyscan offers it. You also need to find out everything the person would like to control. You need basically a feature request. When I get in front of a customer, I ask. What do you want the system to do for you. When I get into keyscan and tell them about the features the most common response is. I want to do that too. What's the customers Budget like?

Rory

what does the client want in the features? if its just key control there are several options. As for Keyscan I know the system well and it is a great product and is flexible if you need help getting it let me know (the owner is a friend) remember the keypad must have a wiegand output most are 26 bit so not the most secure but from what i read this will work and you can tie the two systems together keyscan has a monitoring module.

www.keyscan.ca

I am answering this a bit late but I hope it helps

ps the Bahamas need any help

Thanks, ill check it out, No they havent even looked at it yet since then. Things are really slow right now, got any jobs up there in the first world

Warner,

You are absolutely right. Keyscan is a great system. You canadian's know it well. I'm actually the Keyscan rep for the Mid-Atlantic Territory here in the U.S. I installed many types of Access systems, when I was an installer, and this 1 by far is the 1 I liked the most. There are ways that it integrates with Burg, but people must know that this and other access control systems are by know means a burglar alarm panel. Thanks for your added input on this system.

Have you checked into using the V50s relay outputs to trigger the door locks and remotes to trip the unlock zones? I haven't done anything with a V50 but I feel your pain, I feel this should be a no brainer but its not.

EDIT: I am pretty sure that WON'T WORK.

This thread is almost a year old.

I would think the problem has been resolved by now.

I have done the same thing before though.