bandersona

best Low light ptz camera

[moderator edit]

advert removed.

Please refrain from using the forum to post adverts for your products, if you wish to advertise, please use the 'advertise' link at the top of the forum to purchase advertising.

[/moderator edit]

i am looking at the Pelco spectra IV but i have been told that Bosch has good quality ptz cameras dose anyone have experience with Bosch? if so how do they compare to the Pelco any advice would help

Haven't played much with the Spectra, but we have a Pelco Esprit on one site that works great in night-mode.

If the Esprit was one with the integrated optics package (autofocus,etc) then it is usually the same imager module that is in the Spectra.

The Spectra is one product Pelco does well, a lot of their other items are house labeled stuff, but I have used quite a few Spectra's and been happy with them. Fans and slip rings fail from time to time, but that's likely with any PTZ.

Bosch and pelco make good PTZ but they are overpriced they use the same Sony module and pan tilt is good but not the best they both use bush-less motor technology which is good but not as accurate as gearbox.

I have found Honeywell module the best for low light but have not tested honeywells new 35X module yet.

If you send me a pm ill send a demo site that has a fairly good low light ptz.

How low light do you need ?

Bosch and pelco make good PTZ but they are overpriced they use the same Sony module and pan tilt is good but not the best they both use bush-less motor technology which is good but not as accurate as gearbox.

quote]

Bosch uses the Sony Exview HAD CCD. Spectras do as well from what I see.