robkey

Now I can't remote view from home but can from anywhere else

This is very strange. I can remote view from any computer in the world. I was able to view from home also....all of a sudden I can't log in from home anymore....I get a no stream error message. I didn't really change anything since it worked at home.....I reset the browser settings and enabled the things I had to....but it still doesn't work...I did this on 3 different computers at home.....Help please...I'm using PC viewer D6

I'm rather new at this stuff, what software would I use to Ping and do I try to Ping remotely? I'm able to view it from other computers but not from my house. I know the ports are open on the router and modem so I don't know if the modem or router at my house would block me trying to remote access....especially since I tried to do this already and it worked fine for a month or so....

Any help would be appreciated.

Ok, I know what's happening to you because I have personally seen this. (I am assuming that you have your DVR server installed AT YOUR HOME, if this is not the case, then you can skip to my section titled PLAN B)

Where I am located in New York City, we have two major Internet Service Providers, one is Cable and the other is Verizon DSL. When we do CCTV installations and the customer wants to view the videos remotely from their laptops, etc and they are using Cable ISP, then they will be able to not only view their videos from any computers around the world, but they will also be able to view their videos at their house too where the DVR sever is installed using their public IP address.

NOW, if the customer is under Verizon DSL, things are pretty much different. Lets say that this verizon DSL customer's public IP address is 4.2.2.55 (example only) and in their laptop I set within our Remote Software Application to connect to 4.2.2.55 for remote access, that customer will be able to see the videos from anywhere else EXCEPT using the SAME Verizon DSL connection where the DVR is installed (I guess that Verizon does not allow accessing user public services within the same user's DSL router), in that case, what we do is assign TWO different entries on our Remote CCTV software, ONE configured with that public IP address and then labeled as "External Remote Access" and THEN another entry with the PRIVATE (Router Assigned or Static Assigned) of the DVR server's IP address and labeled "Local Remote Access", that way, then the customer brings their laptop to the location where he has the DVR server installed, he can just double click at "Local Remote Access" to view his cameras on this laptop, and when he is on a different location/different internet connection then he can double click on "External Remote Access" to view his cameras on his laptop anywhere in the world.

PLAN B:

=====

If the location where you are trying to view your DVR's cameras is not the same as the location where you have installed the DVR server, then we are either dealing with your firewall in your laptop/computer blocking your remote software access, OR we are dealing with the Internet Service Provider blocking the port numbers that your DVR server is trying to use to broadcast the videos. I would first suggest that you TEMPORARILY disable the firewall software on your laptop/computer and retry to connect, if that fail then you can some what rule out that your firewall is not blocking your remote viewing software (keep in mind that SOME firewalls are very difficult to genuinely disable and will keep any program access rule in memory and in effect even if disabled, specially if the firewall software has a SERVICE entry in your operating system (I know that COMODO INTERNET SECURITY does this). You can also try installing the remote viewing software on ANOTHER computer and see if you have access, if not, then I guess that you can pretty much conclude that there is a transmission problem at the DVR server location.

If there is a transmission problem at the DVR server, then you will need to define a new port for your DVR to transmit the videos. After you do this, be sure to port forward the new ports that you will be using at the router where the DVR is connected to. Also, be sure that you have manually assigned a STATIC IP Address to your DVR server AND that you are port forwarding the correct (new) ports to the IP address belonging to the DVR server. After you do this, you can retry the remote access and it might work (you have to find a port that your ISP is NOT blocking, especially if you are a residential customer, you have ports that are being blocked, if you are a BUSINESS customer where the DVR is installed, then ports are rarely blocked, but its not a guarantee). You can try port 8080 for HTTP and port 6600 for Cameras+ ports if that works for you, if not, keep on trying different ports.

Hope this helps!

Are you using Zone Alarm for your firewall by any chance? The updates could be blocking your connection.

Also check the port number/s that the veiwing software is using with an online port open checker and see if you are getting out?