faisalalvi

Looking for VGA (15 Pin in 3 Rows) to 8CH BNC Breakout Cable

Hi,

I have been searching all over the Internet to find a vendor that sells 15 Pin VGA to 8CH BNC Breakout cable! I found a copule of cables that are supposedly VGA to 8CH BNC; but the connector is different (it has pins in two rows).

I need a cable that had a VGA connector (with pins in three rows) and 8 BNC connector breakout.

If you know of anyone who selles these cables, please let me know.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Regards,

Faisal.

katie1985,

The two first links you are posting is not what he is asking for. Those are monitor cables for a computer (VGA conector on your computer, to 5 BNC connectors on your monitor, red green blue v-sync and h-sync).

What he is asking for as I understand it, is a cable for some 8ch DVR cards; they have a VGA like connector on one side, and 8 BNC connectors on the other side, for connecting up to 8 cameras. Note that, while the connector on the card is VGA like, I would never call it VGA since it is not the computer video output, but it is the same kind of connector. I think the correct name would be more like D-sub 15.

I would say he is looking for one of this cables (see second picture):

(ooops, can't post links since I do not have 5 posts, too bad)

The problem here is, these cables are not "standard". There is no pre-defined pinout that everyone uses, and so a certain cable won't always work with a certain card.

Case in point: GeoVision, Vigil and VideoInsight (to name three that I've worked with) all use these type of breakout cables. However, the Vigil and VI cards use different pinouts than the GV. For example, I connected a Vigil breakout cable to a GV DVR and found that while all the cameras worked *individually*, they weren't in the same sequence (connecting a camera to the input labeled '8', it came up on channel 3 in the DVR).

Worse, when I plugged a Vigil DVR in place of a GV system with a full 16 cameras, keeping the GV breakout cables, while all the channels came up, all of them were scrambled and/or noisy, indicating that a different ground configuration is also used.

I haven't taken the time yet to tone out the GV cables and see what pins out where, although I do have the Vigil/VI cable toned out...

But in any case, the point is, you need the proper cable for the card you're using, or there's a good chance it won't work properly.

BTW, if you're searching for such a cable, the proper designation for that VGA connector is "HD15" - High-density, D-sub, 15-pin.

I was about to post about the non-standard pinouts too, but wasn't 100% sure, since I have used this cables many times on different DVR cards, but I have never tried mixing the cables, and using the ones from one card on another one... But yeah, I would tell you to contact the dealer of your DVR card.