rupertotech

Splitter for using multiple monitors

GUYS!!! lol holy $&*#! I meant to say COMPOSITE. I corrected myself later. Learn from my mistakes and read the whole thread before you throw in ur 2 cents!!

holy moly batman.

LOL

Also about the cat5 VGA extender, I saw one at a location and it was okay ... the client said he had nothing but issues with it. I didnt install it and I didnt change it. He was not my client.

OMG. hahahah I did it again and you managed to catch it and quote me before I edited it. Not even a 10 second window there... how many times are you hitting refresh man?

I give up on the whole component/ composite thing. haha

I'm DONE with this thread. Guess I type faster than I think...

GUYS!!! lol holy $&*#! I meant to say COMPOSITE. I corrected myself later. Learn from my mistakes and read the whole thread before you throw in ur 2 cents!!

holy moly batman.

LOL

Also about the cat5 VGA extender, I saw one at a location and it was okay ... the client said he had nothing but issues with it. I didnt install it and I didnt change it. He was not my client.

We've been using MuxLab VGA-over-Cat5e extenders (50010/50014 pairs, if memory serves) on a number of sites with the Vigil HD Viewer systems... they work well, but some resolutions can be a little twitchy, depending on the video card and the monitor.

I did discover, though, that the MuxLabs at least are a LOT happier with 568A wiring than 568B - could be the way the individual channels are balanced for the varying capacitances of the pairs. Don't know if this applies to other brands. They do recommend SHIELDED Cat5e, but we've been fine so far with just standard stuff and crimping on our own RJ-45s.

OMG. hahahah I did it again and you managed to catch it and quote me before I edited it. Not even a 10 second window there... how many times are you hitting refresh man?

I give up on the whole component/ composite thing. haha

I'm DONE with this thread. Guess I type faster than I think...

he he he .. actually I didnt even notice it until you mentioned it here

We've been using MuxLab VGA-over-Cat5e extenders (50010/50014 pairs, if memory serves) on a number of sites with the Vigil HD Viewer systems... they work well, but some resolutions can be a little twitchy, depending on the video card and the monitor.

I did discover, though, that the MuxLabs at least are a LOT happier with 568A wiring than 568B - could be the way the individual channels are balanced for the varying capacitances of the pairs. Don't know if this applies to other brands. They do recommend SHIELDED Cat5e, but we've been fine so far with just standard stuff and crimping on our own RJ-45s.

You try playing with the refresh rate in control panel? Make a difference? I've used a few premade VGA cables this seemed to fix wierdo issues with...

I've tried different refresh rates, yes, but most LCDs only support 60Hz, and if they do have more than that, it's only 75hz, so there's not usually a lot to play with.

hmm... I've got a dual monitor setup and their rated at 75 Hz but for some reason work best when set to 72 Hz in control panel. If set to anything else, things get a bit fuzzy and hairy or a bit blurry and headachie.

Hey all, mind if I jump in here a week late.

I have a project that the customer wants to monitor just a few cameras from a remote location about 150'-175' from the PC DVR.

Don't really have a need a 4 channel video extender as suggested earlier. Is there a better way to extend the vga that distance for just one additional LCD flat screen monitor??

TIA

I guess I didn't look far enough. Are you referring to the ST122UTPA??

So since you are now an authorized reseller, do you get a good discount??

Thanks for the input. Very helpful.

You could do it with a really freakin' log VGA extender (make sure it's the good, shielded type), but the VGA-over-UTP extender is probably going to be cheaper overall, and undoubtedly easier (fishing a big thick VGA cable with its D-sub ends can be a serious PITA).

You could do it with a really freakin' log VGA extender (make sure it's the good, shielded type), but the VGA-over-UTP extender is probably going to be cheaper overall, and undoubtedly easier (fishing a big thick VGA cable with its D-sub ends can be a serious PITA).

LOL I got the point. " title="Applause" />

I guess I didn't look far enough. Are you referring to the ST122UTPA??

That would work if you need audio.

Go to StarTech.com and search "vga utp". You'll find a lot of more options.

Something like the ST121UTP would probably be the cheapest solution if you don't need audio.

I tried searching forum but couldnt find. Does anyone whats the best splitter or what to use in order to split the monitor out on a DVR to be able to see over multiple monitors? What I want to do is have multiple monitors for one DVR system? Thanks.

1.If you are using BNC, most BNC Monitors has loopout function,

2.If you are using VGA, then have to add a VGA amplifier with split function.

bruce